Alanis Morissette - Such Pretty Forks in the Road
Such Pretty Forks in the Road
Unless you've been living under a rock since the 90's, you oughta know who Alanis Morissette is. Her hugely successful album, Jagged Little Pill, was a huge hit machine with some of the most memorable songs of that entire decade. Although the majority of listeners, myself included, have likely never spanned out beyond that album and for some even just the major singles, her new album is still surely an event. Eight years removed from her last release, Such Pretty Forks in the Road is sure to be ... read more
slamlesslamb
I listened to this kind of a while ago and did not know it had not been officially released until now.

It is impossible to discuss the career and art of Alanis Morissette without somehow mentioning 1995’s titanic ‘Jagged Little Pill’. The album was so massive that everything Morissette releases after will be compared to it critically, even if it is now impossible to match it commercially. Perhaps with the exception of 1998’s ‘Supposed Former Infatuation ... read more
MarkyC
Former angst alt-rock queen continues her unfortunate delve into family-friendly MOR territory. However, this time, there are glimmers of hope in a few tracks that have Morissette sounding truly captivating, for the first time since 1998's Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie.
Valeyard
A glimpse of music from early 2000s with some modern production.
Me likes
ThatOtherGuy
Yes, Alanis may have mellowed out over the years, but she's embraced her new relaxed approach to songwriting. Such Pretty Forks in the Road has no new angles to offer, but it does show that an 8-year break hasn't stopped her from running out of steam. She's still got a lot more lyrical ideas to share.
Muratka
After 8 years of lull, Alanis Morisette returns with good intentions; sweet voice, not forced atmosphere.
gopxity
I love Alanis, but this album was just alright to me. The sound became a bit too predictable, but there are some great songs on here still. I'll definitely be revisiting some tracks, but maybe not the whole record too often.

Favorite tracks: Nemesis, Sandbox Love, Losing the Plot, Reasons I Drink, Smiling
Least favorite: Missing the Miracle
leonardo
handing out a fresh 11-piece album with astounding production acts to lure listeners in and address womanhood, abuse and self-direction, Morissette returns to the music industry with a mouthful of new material that showcases the literal glittering allure of her ninth album.

time has made her endure a lot of barbarism in the hands of cruelty, and although this album has its ballad weight that features some breathtaking orchestral sections with constant outbursts that her voice helps to ... read more
jkpyg
this is like if someone capable of writing one of best Rock albums of all time wrote a crappy, frilly musical theatre album to be performed in a tiny soapbox theatre 10 streets away from Broadway by people who can't sing or act, having lost all their edge over the last 25 years.

BEST SONGS - NEMESIS
WORST SONGS - Pretty much the rest of them.
IAmDaan
This year marks the 25th anniversary of Alanis Morissette's cult album "Jagged Little Pill" and in the same year the singer decided to release her ninth full-length studio album "Such Pretty Forks In The Road", on which she has been working since 2019.
In the new disc, Alanis mixes ballads with a rock guitar sound, some completely created with the help of a piano, and some grow with every second, passing from gentle piano chords to crazy rock and roll sound.
Alanis has gone ... read more
Tytyeazy
Although it’s not her most pensive work, Such Pretty Forks In The Road does read like a diary. The album as a whole gives strong 90s vibes especially on "Ablaze". Alanis gets very personal while staying true to her unique sound she’s known for.
kapicar
Album so dark, yet so beautiful - the songwriting is so awesome
MrScallops
8. 55
9. 50
10. 60
11. 60

Alanis Morissette delves into themes of alcoholism, depression and other personal struggles on her latest LP, a collection of mostly safe and melancholic songs with minimal instrumentation. Morissette sounds as great as ever, showing her unique voice and vocal range, but the energy from her earlier material is replaced by a newfound vulnerability. Even the more uptempo tracks, such as 'Reasons I Drink', don't hit quite as hard ... read more
frncscbrqz
not bad, we missed you Alanis! (at least my dad did)

Fav tracks: Smiling, Diagnosis, Her, Nemesis
Insomnia
Alanis really is at her best when she's being brutally honest with herself. That's what I got from this, paired with her best production since "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie."

After 25 years, she made her second best album. What a great surprise!

Best: "Smile," "Reasons I Drink," "Diagnosis," "Losing the Plot," "Reckoning," "Her"
Worst: "Sandbox Love"
FlavioAKARayman
this is her best release since supposed former infatuation junkie
Alanis in my opinion has one of the best voices in history, I love her to death, I won't ever deny that. This album evokes a lot of feelings in me, happiness and sadness walk side by side. Perhaps this album is the best work she's ever done since 'Jagged Little Pill', and some songs I think will grow in me... but for now, it's very good.
Alanis Morissette é talvez a artista feminina mais influente dos anos 90. O impacto do seu sucesso abriu portas no mainstream para artistas alternativas como Fiona Apple e Jewel. Em seu novo álbum "Such Pretty Forks In The Road" continua a lançar músicas com composições inspiradas e condizente com o seu atual momento. Os pontos altos do projeto são as músicas Nemesis, Pedestal e Ablaze.
Great album, lyrics are deep, Alanis' voice is perfect, raw and haunting, it is beautifully produced...
Flavioflok
1. Smiling (8/10)
2. Sandbox Love (8/10)
3. Ablaze (8/10)
4. Reasons I Drink (7/10)
5. Reckoning (6/10)
6. Missing The Miracle (5/10)
7. Losing The Plot (5/10)
8. Nemesis (4/10)

Smiling (7.6)
Ablaze (7.4)
Reasons I Drink (8.0)
Diagnosis (6.8)
Missing the Miracle (7.0)
Losing the Plot (7.4)
Reckoning (7.0)
Sandbox Love (7.5)
Her (6.8)
Nemesis (7.5)
Pedestal (7.0)
ahmedabas97
One of my fav albums
Powerful and stunningly Beautiful .
CoverartReview
8-10, discoball cosplay
favorite tracks: REASONS I DRINK, smiling, ablaze, missing the miracle
least favorite tracks: nemesis, losing the track, diagnosis

Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death