TV on the Radio - Seeds
TheBravesDH
Easily their worst, but I still find so much to enjoy in this. It is massively cleaned up to the point where you almost thought they were going to get some of that more mainstream recognition they had been deserving for years. I always preferred Tunde, but it's impressive how comfortable of a performer Kyp became over the years. Still holding out hope that a wave of inspiration will the guys one more time.
I return to this album quite a bit. Catharism mixed with catchy melodies and lush instrumentation. An album that allows for mourning as much as dancing. 'Test Pilot' is a very pretty tune!
CheapandLethal
Decent
Excellent
TVOTR keeps cleaning up their sound for some reason. They can write a few memorable songs, but their voices are the only things saving this from being a boring indie-pop-rock album.
mxruss
Lots of catchy tunes on this one. Not as intense as the likes of Dear Science or Cookie Mountain, but it certainly is a fun listen with some awesome songs.
Less good than their previous efforts, but its their only record below a 75 in my opinion. It is a notable record, both as an album in general but also because it serves as a farewell to their beloved bassist with an emotionally heavy first half.
MoMoney420
Solid album with good scope and range of emotion
Felindie
Fav Tracks: Right Now, Quartz, Happy Idiot
NonkelHans
I love this band. Very interesting use of electronics.
nostar
This is great album. No one will be disappointed with it.
raymon
It may not be the strongest record in their collection. However, it is a radiant and rewarding album with each listen. All the tracks play well off each other, and you feel complete by the end of it.
tha138
After the loss comes restart and a bet to win. Existance.
Their sound is clearer, with no angles, just the basic formula to step on.
Classic TVOTR. Arguably one of the top cross rock albums of the year. Perhaps tamer than Cookie Mountain, but just as potent. Probably closer to Dear Science or Nine Types. Putting all comparisons aside, it's so good to hear an album from this innovative group. My only question - why not throw "mercy" and "million miles" on this album?
Caleb
Superb!! I been listening to this album incessantly.
To be blunt, Seeds is TVOTR's best album thus far, by far. That's saying a lot as it means it's better than both 'Return to Cookie Mountain' & 'Dear Science,' their most critically-acclaimed albums prior to now.

Seeds, however, is leaps and bounds beyond these earlier (still top-notch) efforts. It is more relaxed, expansive and musically diverse than Dear Science yet retains that albums more sophisticated use of the studio and instruments. It is more lyrically diverse, uplifting and ... read more

Lil Dicky - Earth