Boniface - Boniface
Boniface
So glad I discovered them on youtube. This album is of course a mashup of amazing synthpop songs.
If I break the ice directly I'll say that this album is still overrated by the professional critics!

Most of the time I found his synthpop to be soporific and unfortunately predictable.When the rhythm is faster on some songs it's a bit better but his writing and interpretation is to fill in the gaps, and as a result the album seems strangely long
Bold, emotive, reaching for something great, actually getting there on a debut. Very cool shit
Darkkev02
I usually don't shift away from critics' ratings on synthpop albums (my favorite genre alltogether) as much as I have on this one. The production here is solid and a lot of the tunes are nice, but vocals don't deliver the kind of magic needed to satisfy the production. I couldn't see any invention here and It was hard not to notice the predictability on some tracks. Overall an okay album. Nothing that good.
giving this a solid 88. v surprised. could bop to just about every song
GRIMES
OMG, this is very boring
andremeda
not bad I could say. boniface popped up in my recommandations on youtube, then I saw the critic score here so I listened to it. I would say it's a bit overrated by the critics, maybe it just isn't my cup of tea. still there are some solid tracks.
Contra92
Excellent pop album with an effortless 80s aesthetic, and some great guitar-driven tracks. Thematically, it's a lot like Lorde's MELODRAMA. It's definitely worth 44 minutes of your time--especially if your sitting fetal position in dark corner of your room this Valentine's Day.
Quand0
чек чек
JayCrackers
Some solid synthpop which i can see others enjoying more than me.

Track Review

Stay Home 6/10
Making Peace With Suburbia 6/10

Average: 6.2/10
Hendrix1967
La musica è esattamente come la copertina dell'album: scolorita, vecchia e monotona.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush