J Hus - Big Conspiracy
Big Conspiracy
chunderz
It's just a bit boring, innit? Am I doing this right?
smallpeeble
i just like the accent of uk rap but the project is just bland.
devil
There must be a Big Conspiracy as to why critics rated this album so high.
conry lazy rap lyrics cony love uk rapper but never again why listen
HoodieBraden
Merely forgettable project in my eyes...

Decent 5/10
TommyCook
I get the UK scene is hot rn but it’s nice to know that they have mediocre artists, too. There’s really nothing separating him from Dave or slowthai for me. Fairly underwhelming
Tielur
Sleepy-time beats and utterly boring bars.
JeremiahMurphy
J Hus is definitely one of my favorite rappers in the UK rap scene alongside Little Simz & Slowthai and honestly this albums just very easy listening , smooth and enjoyable. I really like the instrumentals on this thing and on top of that J Hus is pretty awesome lyrically. Some good features, good production, good rapping can be draggy toward the end but its a good release and a solid add to the discog.
HHGA
Do all these professional critics own J Hus stock? There's little wrong with J Hus' sophomore album Big Conspiracy, J Hus offers up an easy listening blend of Hip Hop, Dancehall, Afrobeat, and R&B - smooth and enjoyable enough, but also kind of bland of forgettable at the same time.

J Hus has a good voice, which can be hypnotizing if his vibe catches you, but which gets boring if it doesn't. If anything, Big Conspiracy is a nice piece of background music - not a bad album at all, but not ... read more
LittleHollow15
When a rapper matures this much between albums, it's a spectacular thing to behold. What a shame that J Hus is the least interesting thing about his music.

What exactly do I mean by saying that? Well, it's not that Hus's contributions aren't felt here, more that everything surrounding Hus (including his own lyrics) have a lot more substance than his vocal performances, which I find to be unfortunately lacking. Even on his last album, 2017's multigenre Common Sense, it was clear that it was ... read more
Muratka
Первые треки не особо зашли, дальше же дело пошло :)
Reckless и One and Only больше всего понравились.
Great album
Recently released from prison, J Hus comes back with a much-awaited second album, which overall, and I'm going to break the ice straight away, rather disappointed me.

I will allow myself some comparisons between J Hus and Dave who are for me the hottest UK grime artists and probably the ones with the most potential. First of all I would like to say that musically they are different artists although they both share the same musical style, but I must admit that they are linked by the fact that ... read more
Br
Ultimately, a bit of a letdown, especially the back-to-back songs about his penis...
JayCrackers
J Hus's Big Conspiracy just showcase J Hus's maturity and incorporates some interesting productions and lyrics and he showcases what Grime has to offer and started Grime off to a good start in the new decade.

Track Review

Love, Peace and Prosperity 7.5/10
Deeper Than Rap 8.5/10

Average: 7.8/10
whoiskvnd
Definitely a big step up for J Hus in terms of maturity. Still drops some hilarious bars that have me cracking up though, whether he means to or not. He ain't the greatest rapper but the hooks and production are great enough to carry most tracks on this record. Looking forward to seeing him progress even further in the future.

Highlights:
Big Conspiracy (feat. icee tgm)
Helicopter (feat. icee tgm)
Fight for Your Right
Play Play (feat. Burna Boy)
Repeat (feat. Koffee)
EthanW
A bit British innit? All jokes aside, this project had really good production, although the vocals were a bit tough for me to discern (on the song "Deeper Than Rap" I thought the background vocalist kept saying my name). It has some good themes and all, but the accent will get you every time.
Vurioza
Yes we get it, you like sex.

Despite the lack of lyrical variety, J Hus still manages to make a solid album with a clear vision. The lyrics can be a bit poor and the drum beats are often dull but the instruments to tracks like No Denying or Deeper than Rap show him at his best. If you take it all as a bit of a laugh, it'll be a much better listen.
funklildim
J Hus, одна из главных надежд британского рэпа, который относительно недавно попал на радары крупных изданий, получив хорошие оценки за свой последний проект, решил заявить о себе за пределами Соединённого Королевства. Но сделав это максимально красиво и непопулярно. ... read more
Maqtheus
'Big Conspiracy' é simples, direto e soa mais refinado quanto o primeiro álbum de J Hus. Aqui, ele usa de suas experiências e encargos pessoais para criar rimas e versos que se adequam justamente a proposta de que mesmo forte, o som é contido, mesmo que necessário e político, o som não extravasa para ecoar ou significar algo.
NoahH
Big Conspiracy is a cute album with a nice overall feel. It's not an album that slaps or have that one standout song, they all kinda blend together. But it is still a very enjoyable listen. Very groovy !

The lyrics are a little inconsistent; in some verses, J Hus reflects on the world around him, and other verses are filled with corny rap lyrics

Fav tracks: Reckless, Big Conspiracy and Deeper Than Rap
WorldwideHipHop
This album is the definition of wavey, J Hus delivers some chill and enjoyable music. Features are great, production and lyrics are amazing. This album is a whole different vibe and J Hus keeps the tracklist consistent. He also has a very catchy flow which I love
shenalg01
DOnt't know whats with critics and British Urban albums
mikeyb802
Generic, unsurprising and forgettable. Pretty much nothing about this album stands out from the rest, it sort of just plays music.
IlReverendo
I honestly am not able to hear whatever good the critics seem to hear here.
Everything is fairly mediocre, the beats, the bars, the sound.
Reminds me a bit, style wise, of 50Cent's song that was used as theme in the tv show Power.
So fucking bland, innit?