The Strokes - At The Door
At The Door
Carter
A beautiful, raw, synth ballad with dark, well written lyrics and a unique vocal performance. The chorus is gorgeous and the strings in the bridge feel nostalgic(Viva La Vida?). Also, the music video is amazing. This is actually the first Strokes song I’ve ever listened to and I’ll definitely be checking out more.
InspPlatsSingle
NEW STROKES YESSSS!!!

So this is quite different, though I doubt it will be the sound of the new record. The instrumental is quite minimal with a synthesizer, gentle guitar plucks and Julian on vocals. It kinda gives Jules breathing room, though, because they are fucking incredible on this cut, especially in the chorus! The lyrics aren’t anything to write home about, though.

EDIT: The lyrics are growing on me
Catholicgoth90
I'm hooked. Unique and well done. Many aren't going to like it and that is fine. They seem to be going a different direction with their music overall. We'll see what the final product is but I am convinced this is may be some of their best work yet.
JohnnyB1965
This is... Wow. Not what I expected, but I am all for it. This song is beautifully carried by Julian and a wonderfully catchy synth lead. I am incredibly excited for the new Strokes album. Wowee!
Vanners
Almost certain this song samples the "Revenge" Minecraft Parody after hearing the synths at the start
snowman
I dont care if it isnt "strokesy", Its the freakin Strokes man !!!
Julian's voice sounds amazing, the synths aren't too overpowering, that chorus is AWESOME.
At The Door, The Adults are Talking, Ode to the Mets...YES
Amazing

One of the best Strokes songs imo. It’s so simplistic yet plays to the strengths of the band so well. It’s so... transcendent.

Color: Red
comunismin
Julian Casablancas loves synths that much
nzzrn
DAFT PUNK WAS FOUND DEAD
PeterJoe
I love this so much
Leozoka
at the same time it doesn't feel like a strokes song, it does feel like a strokes song
its just amazing
casablanca's vocals are on point
the synths are magical
this song is fucking powerful i love it
AMReviews_
I was hoping they'd go for a different sound with their newer material and they did just that with a Synthpop/Art Pop track. If this is any preview of what the album is gonna sound like, I got my wish! This has me excited for the new album coming out on my birthday!
chewwiy564
creeper...aw man
GaranHollow
Amazing
heyizlan
god....
MuskV2
I really like this song, and I'm glad to see the Strokes doing something a bit different. I've listened to it quite a few times and the beginning synths (although I feel they may be overused) have not become annoying yet.
Tielur
My high school heart is experiencing unconditional feelings holy crap this is fantastic.
thatwasit
Just what I needed
Gonna take this as an opportunity to review all 3 songs we have heard from the album

At The Door: 9/10 - obviously not classic strokes which I love but Julian is amazing on this. I love how it changes to guitars after he sings struck me like a chord. I was unsure of what the album was going to be at first but this made me super excited

Ode to the Mets: 9/10 - the best song we've heard from them since Threat of Joy? Or even Under Cover of Darkness. Love this.

The Adults are Talking: - 7/10 - ... read more
Reyes2k
I̷͕͖̝̓̋̃͂ ̷̧̹̹̺͉͑͂̈́͊͆̉j̴̡̻̥̥͈̝͎̣͌̅͑̓́̆̒ü̴̼̗̼̘̜̫̻̺͝s̸̡̬͈̫̩͎̬̽̔̃̊̐͜͜͠ţ̸͖̻̟̬̻̟͈͐̇͘͜ ̶̧̛̯͓̩̮̺̿̐̈́͋̕ͅw̴̧͍̹͉̐̀͒̏̉̕͘͝ͅa̶̙̳̱͂̀n̶̖̹͚̉͛́̓͗̓̓͆̚ť̸̻̰̅́ẽ̴̖̱̼̝̖̮̻̑͜d̵̡͓̫̳̗͔̲̉̎͌͐͜͠ ̷̧͍̤͈͙̥̫̌t̴̙͚̬̟̠̓͊̓̏̔͑͑͘ơ̴̡͕̰̟̣̇̍͑̈́͋̚̚̕͠ ̵̢̛͖͉̹͒̊̄̀̎̔̌͜͝ͅb̷̢̳̬̙̞̻̩̒̒͋ė̴̝̤̹̖̟̋͝ ... read more
MarkTurnip
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat
aaronalkan
O'Yeah!
TipoOpositivo
edit: now I'm addicted to the song and I just watched the clip and I'm in love with the song and the clip, whatever, now this is an 84

is this Strokes? for real? I don't know what to say about the synth except that is freaking amazing!!! vocals are incredible fine too! the song is good and creative but I felt something on the 2nd listen... seems it's like an intro for a song that last 5 minutes, like, the song don't grow anyway and ends abruptly, idk... but it's good anyway

I think I can't ... read more
Resontone
The minimalism is a bold choice, but I feel like this song could have been even better if it built up to a crescendo
ZeroString
Reminds me a bit of the sound Julian did with Voidz on Virtue.
Really chill and floaty synths .
Not the everyday "The Strokes" but it's still ear candy.

Yves Tumor - Heaven To A Tortured Mind