Woods - Strange To Explain
Strange To Explain
dearsongs
Its woods doing what woods does. Continuous cooking grooves, played by some of the best musicians in the indie game. 15 years down and I'm still tuned in. Hope I can see these guys live again in 2021.

Love the album art and the video animations, curiosity of John Andrews (check out his band too).
andyintoronto
A lot going on here that's only going to get in my head more with repeated listens this year I suspect.
BEST TRACKS: Strange to Explain, Fell so Hard, Weekend Wind.
ArthurCampo
Woods' long discography brings us to the band's tenth album and the consistency continues.

It is safe to say that, as in the vast majority of their projects, "Strange to Explain" plays with the best that the band has to offer and leaves to experiment in the details. With a beautiful mix of folk and psychedelic melodies on the acoustic and electric guitar, but also a vibrant and subtle work on percussion and excellent wind instruments, the band's new album is one of the most ... read more
NTTR
Woods - Strange to Explain

Genre: Psych Folk-Rock
Country: US

Final Verdict: 75% (Very Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 36th / 451

Highlight: Weekend Wind (added to my 2020 best of)

Made me think of:
dEUS
Calexico
Milow
Damien Jurado
not interesting
Laid-back, mellow newest material from indie rock outfit Woods finds them at their most hopeful and wistful with their trademark woozy melodies and thoughtful lyricism. with hints of melancholy. They continue to hit their stride with their sound that captures the end of summer, especially on the closing track, Weekend Wind that bookends the record very well.
mIlk
Чек чек
Woods emerge for the first time in 3 years with a full length album. And honestly, it’s a sort of return to form. Yes, it’s not as rustic, low-fi or freaky as anything they did years ago. But it’s full of colorful jams and some of the band’s more emotional material, perfect for these oddball times we live in.

Give A Listen To: “Next to You and the Sea”, “Before They Pass By”, “Can’t Get Out”, “Strange to Explain”, ... read more
gabe5inko_music
This album has the charm & comfort of sitting with your friends around a fire on a crisp, fall evening.
Woods never disappoint. Warm and calm. One more good album.
IosBoog76
Get lost in the beautifully groovy sounds of floaty organsmic bliss
This album is a masterpiece, perfect blend between accessible and mysterious, fresh and etheral, psychedelic and catchy, do yourself a favor and check it out, one of Woods’ best so far!
Greatr
things lasting too long: the album
wasted potential.
ymmot625
baroque folk indie, not opposed, not thrilled
Better than their last album. It's got some great moments and some dull ones too.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica