Rose City Band - Summerlong
Summerlong
Quote: ''Within its quintessential 40-minute-album parameters, Summerlong inexorably SUCKS'

Mojo pulling no punches in their review.
Melancoholic
Weak.
dearsongs
A guy who's been doing psych rock the for more than a decade with Wooden Shjips/Moon Duo puts out his high country album. Honestly, the grooves cook. Just enough twang.
tha138
Ripley Johnson, disguised as Rose City Band, filled his suitcases with some vibrant, country rock tunes, threw in a little of psychedelic freeness and rushed to the open air to enjoy the summerlong, wishing to transmit his good mood to us.
peachyibby
A vibe I’ve been searching for.
SwagMaster73
look behind you, steven
orangedroog65
I’ve tried like 4 times now. It’s just generic country rock with a bunch of noodling.
Houdanny
Stylistically I find this to be a bit too broad, as well as somewhat unoriginal. Not to mention the rather derivative and frankly weak vocals. Love the production and overall tone though, and it picks up a lot more in the latter half. One of the better country releases this year in my view!

Standout: Floating out
Favs: Wildflowers, Only Lonely, Wee hours, Morning Light
Least fav: Empty Bottles
br94
This album is going places. Does not have a lot of variety, but the sound is pretty solid and the guitar never lets go. An ideal record for driving into the sunset.
abductee
Nice summer album, made for long drives in the countryside. Much like Shore, this record feels great but doesn't give you much to chew on besides that.
NTTR
Rose City Band - Summerlong

Genre: Country Rock
Country: US

Final Verdict: 57% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 488th / 768

Highlight: Wee Hours

Made me think of:
Moon Duo
Wand
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
donovan_j32
Kind of mundane at times but solid overall.
Fav Tracks: Only Lonely, Empty Bottles, Floating Out, Wee Hours, Wildflowers
TofuTony
Mini Review:
The grooves on this project are immaculate, it's like a modern day trippier CCR's instrumentation shredding the complexly woven melodies and singing with the vocal delivery of a chill contemporary indie artist like Black Pool. Love the vibes here. The four-track opening run is particularly phenomenal.
KevinPopSlut69
I'm a country girl.
Juancete
I really don't understand why this is labeled as psychedelic rock. It's too bland for that.

Leaving that aside, it's got some nice songs, but the album does feel like it's overstaying its welcome, despite not being that long.
AlbertoV
The best surprise album of 2020 and even the most relaxing. Modernized the sound of Velvet or the Doors, creating an excellent chill and melodic sound, which is perfect for the Covid situation: a great track list in the correct moment. The first tracks are more energic, perfect like 'travel songs', but in my opinion the last 3 are masterpeces: psychedelic and catchy, can't stop listening to them
andyintoronto
kINDA MEH. best track is Empty bottles.
CheapandLethal
Worth a listen
DareG
Western psychedelia that's warm and inviting

Standouts: Floating Out, Wildflowers, Reno Shuffle

Dropouts: none
summerlong is a pleasant, mellow listen that often sounds spacey and psychedelic in its long, jam session-like riffs while maintaining a country twang to it, and that’s a charming quality, not only because the sounds complement each other well, but also because it’s the first psychedelic country album i’ve heard. this being said though, the mellowness tends to lead the album down a mundane path at times, as it rarely truly captured my attention, and had a pretty good ability ... read more
platypusbus
Just not my cup of tea. I prefer coffee, but I think this is good tea. Maybe a caffeine free rooibos if I had to guess.
Fav Tracks: Only Lonely; Empy Bottles; Real Long Gone; Morning Light; Wee Hours >; Wildflowers.
Ripley Johnson delivers once again with a classic sounding record. Johnson delves deep into his songbook and gives his listeners one of his best records to date. The amazing discography that Mr. Johnson has built over years continues to grow and there are no signs of him slowing down. 9/10.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories