Paradise Lost - Obsidian
Paradise Lost land on a classic sound for them here with that goth tinged guitar tone on top form and some necessary variety added thanks to some well worked in Sisters of Mercy'isms.

Still, a slight feeling of deja vu and an inclination towards sameyness hobble any notion this will take the crown as their best album - that's still 'Draconian Times'.
jkpyg
This is the first metal album I’ve ever liked in my life. 65 might not seem like a lot but the highest I gave a metal album previously was like 14. But this was actually good and enjoyable to listen to. Usually metal stresses me out 🤷‍♂️
SafariMan
The new full length project called "Obsidian" from the fathers of goth metal is out. Grab it.

Before listening to the English band Paradise Lost, I must recognize my lack of knowledge about Goth or this more "doomish" approach to Power Metal. But nonetheless, some things and sounds always translate into a good message if they are worthy of our time.

The album begins with such an epic banger, really setting the bar really high for the rest of it. And "Fall from ... read more
Einyel
Overall, a really good album. For some reason I was never too interested in their previous two, but Obsidian offers an interesting variety of styles (between goth metal and death-doom) and singing techniques with more than solid instrumentation. The way Nick Holmes flows between his clean voice and his growls is truly compelling, and the solos are just the final touch.

Favourites: Fall From Grace, Ghosts, Forsaken, Ravenghast.
Backdrifter
This is as bland and boring as their sound can get.
NTTR
NTTR - Paradise Lost - Obsidian

Genre: Doom Metal
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 67% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 113th / 435