Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Wasting Light
In a final solid statement for one of the largest acts in alternative rock music through the late 90s to now, Foo Fighters do what they essentially never accomplished up to this point; put together a consistently well pieced together album.

Not fully abandoning the "focus on the hits" formula, but clearly shaking off the mentality to some degree, this collection of songs from the group never necessarily feels like a mega-hit machine but instead an effort to hone in on every song and ... read more
barchamb13
The last good Foo Fighters album?
Tielur
The most consistent and energetic Dave Grohl and pals have been. Wasting Light is one kickass Foo record that, looking back, was deserving of all the chart success and one of the last great mainstream rock albums.
Oxide
The Foo Fighters are one of my favourite rock bands of all time, however when it comes to their albums, often times as a complete package they fall slightly short. With 'Wasting Light' however, this is most definitely not the case. This album is extremely underrated in terms of what it offers to rock music in the modern era, and fans of rock music who are living through the "death of rock music", should definitely give this album a chance.

From the explosive opening of 'Bridge ... read more
MinatoArisato
One of Dave Grohl's best works in a long time. Wasting Light is pure and unadulterated Rock and Roll.

Best Track: Rope
Worst Track: White Limo
One of Foo Fighters finest albums, bringing in the over-the-top rock and roll swagger of yesteryear, to the polish, grit and fun of more modern rock staples, creating a fun as hell and refreshingly creative album from one of rocks loudest voices (Both literally and figuratively).

Favorite Jams: White Limo, These Days, Walk

Lest Favorite: A Matter Of Time
Ian_Kal
They did it dammit, amazing album full of constant hits
th_initiator
▲ = Bridge Burning, Rope, White Limo, Arlandria, These Days, Walk
▬ = Dear Rosemary, Back & Forth, A Matter Of Time, Miss The Misery, Should Have Known
▼ =
9. Miss the Misery: 8+
10. I Should Have Known: 8-
11. Walk: 10
RafaelFafinha
Muito bom disco. Muito constante, poucos pontos baixos.
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : BRIDGE BURNING, ROPE, WHITE LIMO, ARLANDRIA, THESE DAYS, MISS THE MISERY and WALK.
Ennety
Never been a huge fan of the Foo Fighters, I really like their top hits, but I never got into their albums. This one is good, but it doesn't catch my attention long enough to make me want to give it more listens.
thegeecyproject
I’ve never really considered Foo Fighters as an album band, but Wasting Light is an incredibly tight album and a late career standout. Right from the moments the album blows open with “Bridge Burning” to songs like “Rope” and “White Limo” the band’s sound feels re-energized. Even the more melodic songs on here like the Raconteurs-esque “Dear Rosemary”, or the life-affirming “Walk” sound fantastic.

Highlights: Bridge ... read more
Foo Fighters returned with a more raw sound through analog recording techniques, making for a very powerful and rocking record. Most of the songs are anthemic arena rockers, and function well for what they are. It’s nothing necessarily groundbreaking, but it’s fantastically executed rock music.
kappachino
I Should Have Known - 90
Walk - 90

Destaques: I Should Have Known, Arlandria e Walk
Vitaminchick
This album is very enjoyable.
1. Bridge Burning - 10
9. Miss The Misery - 7.0
10. I Should Have Known - 7.5
11. Walk - 8.5

84.5/110 - 76.8/100
A big step-up from Echoes and an unbelievably solid record.
twwalter
The Foo Fighters' best album since their 90s heyday. They have finally found themselves having fun and playing around with all sounds.

Favorite tracks: Rope, Dear Rosemary, White Limo, Walk
Mvrderface
For me it was on top 10 of the year.
rapmartin12