Clams Casino - Instrumental Relics
Instrumental Relics
MySoftBulletin
To listen is to surpass oneself

This compilation encompasses the genius of the Cloud Rap pioneer. The album starts with the seminal I'm God, which has become a sort of legend in instrumental hip hop. The song has a transcendent quality to it that seems almost boisterous paired with the blasphemous title. I was introduced to this song with Lil B's opus 6 Kiss and have since seen it as pure magic. The song is timeless, it feels as if it has always existed, even before human intervention. The ... read more
notbuzzzila
PERFECT (AOTY 2020)

The latest Clams Casino compilation, Instrumental Relics, is basically flawless. It consists of some of the greatest beats ever recorded, including (but not limited to) All I Need, Swervin', Caves, Leaf, Crystals, Unchain Me, and of course, the legendary I'm God. It also includes a stunning companion piece to that last track, I'm the Devil, a haunting new take on the classic instrumental. Whereas Clams Casino's previous best project, 2012's Instrumental Mixtape 2 was a bit ... read more
laz456
Edit: Yep, it's going up. This kind of dreamy instrumental hip hop is so awesome, and this is about as good as it gets in that genre.

Man this record is addictive! These atmospheric, hypnotic beats are super great. I didn't know about this guy until now so for me all this is new material and it is hitting the spot! Please check this out I can easily see my score rising for this.
bub_
Clams Casino is dope as fuck and no doubt one of my fav producers. He has established such a unique sound. The sound I’m talking about is executed to perfection on honestly almost every one of these tracks.
but the intro.. I’m God is insane. Aside from being sonically incredible. The nostalgia that I get from listening to it and the things I associate it with - it’s a masterpiece.

Any rapper that decides to spit on a Clams beat is up for a challenge because of his unorthodox ... read more
thiefofprose
Normally, the only atmospheric music I pump into my ear-holes has the words "black" and "metal" following the "atmospheric". But I'm really glad that the reviews here convinced me to sit down and listen to this.

My musical tastes generally fall into three categories:
1. It Make Me Dance
2. It Make Me Do Stink Face and Punch The Air
3. It Make Me Think Real Hard About Shit

This one falls solidly into category 3, but it still gets me moving often so let's call it ... read more
MattWaligorski
all i need
JessMill
All of his iconic beats from the 2010's really make a quite cohesive and refreshing beat-tape. Yet it's super dark-ambience, paired with the hardest boom-baps is what Clams Casino is really known for. This is classic Clams right here.
AndreVital
Due to the fact that this is all pre-released material. There's no reason in making an actual review...

However, this is still an incredibly immersive compilation with it's own cohesion and flow. Clams Casino is a pioneer and forever will be. This compilation is an appropriate summation of everything that made Clams Casino so wonderful from the start.

Also, "I'm God" might be one of my favorite songs of all time.
tosostrongbow
Some nice instrumental hiphop. He's got a really unique sound that i love. Like splashy voices.
Xanther1379
i miss this cloud rap wave
EiDouVarg
Despite being a compilation of older material, Clams Casino manages to find a way to creatively string together tracks into a collection of songs that elegantly complement one another.

Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware