Madeline Kenney - Sucker's Lunch
Sucker's Lunch
MarkyC
Pleasant but insubstantial guitar-driven indie pop. The music sounds improvised and Kenney's vocals uninterested. With the exception of "Picture of You" and "Sucker" which have a few surprising touches that make them memorable, the album may completely pass you by.
ThatOtherGuy
Sucker's Lunch may seem like just another indie pop album on the surface, but Madeline throws in some refreshing musical angles that are easy to miss. With these angles, she adds a whole lotta texture to this one, allowing for an exciting indie album.
Jamobo
Sucker's Lunch is Madeline Kenney's 3rd project, a dreamy piece of Indie-Rock and Pop that will likely go under the radar of many people

I haven't much experience with Kenney's work as this is my introduction to her, but having 2 members of Wye Oak helping out with several of the instruments, including the bass and drums, and helping with production certainly sets up a little expectation. There are also several guest musicians/vocalists, most notably Steven Steinbrick who provides vocals and ... read more
ahmedabas97
Cute
CoverartReview
7.5-10, i can't identify a single food in this cover unles the shrimp
This is quite nice, loving this folk rock vibe.

Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death