Death Cab For Cutie - We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
Probably my favorite Death Cab record I've heard. Full of songs that seem very pretty on the outside, but there's an inherent and inescapable melancholy to the whole affair. Definitely need to give it some more spins.
OpiesFuneral
I feel like I've been transported to a grey autumn day in the early 2000s midwest.
Ian_Kal
Personally my favorite so far, more songs on here have tended to stick with me
Universe555
I'm not sure what's the big rush to give this album such high scores. i didn't like the longer tracks toward the end, the first half of the albums sped by way too quickly and I just didn't know what I was supposed to enjoy and what I wasn't. I appreciated a few songs, for example Lowell, MA, 405 and Company Calls, but withs songs like the Epilogue, No Joy in Mudville and Little Fury Bugs, I wasn't interested.
After the muddled recording of "Something About Airplanes," "Title Track," obviously the first track on "We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes" breaks into clarity halfway through. This change makes all the difference in Death Cab's first very good album, the one that feels like Death Cab not screwing around anymore. Listening to this right after "Something About Airplanes," that break into clarity also feels like the band finally breaking the code on ... read more
Felindie