Washed Out - Within and Without
Within and Without
peachyibby
When I found out that Ernest Greene is actually from small town GA like me, I had to revisit this. I never fully appreciated the chill wave movement until now. This record is golden.
leolucia
PHENOMENAL

Do you need to calm down and take a deep breath? Get yourself a glass of wine (or not) and listen to this piece of art. Other activities are optional.

This is what being wrapped up in the most comfortable blanket sounds like.

Amor Fati never fails to remind me that everything will be OK.
Chillwave masterpiece
winitheju
All these years later, this album has aged quite well, and is IMO the crowned jewel of the chillwave era.
ragginbone
So sonically appealing. If you're looking for a feel-good record with smooth transitions and grooves that sit in the perfect pocket, this is it. Perfect for a drive on a beautiful day.
Faber87
Just close your eyes, chill and enjoy the moment.
FearFlour
You're not allowed to listen to this album unless you are having sex.
EMR
The chillwave manifesto definitely had its few great moments in the very brief trajectory of the movement (if such even existed), and the genre's manifesto played some beautiful tracks in the party, showcasing in its spacious, blissful production quality, its best features. Unfortunately, the resources were not as many as one could hope for, and the whole thing fell down as quickly as it rose, for the disappointment of many of its enthusiasts.
Sorrugis
While Washed Out's first full-length release features some great songwriting from time to time and is definitely pleasing on the ears, it spends a bit too much time buried under reverb and mostly mumbled and unintelligible vocals to totally capture my interest throughout the whole 40 minute journey.

Loved: Eyes Be Closed, Amor Fati, You and I, A Dedication,
Liked: Soft, Far Away
Disliked: Echoes, Before, Within and Without
While I do prefer Life Of Leisure to this one, this album still is able to hold my attention. This album pretty much just offers very relaxing and passive synthpop in which nearly all vocals act as added instrumentation as they are also very relaxing and passive. While yes, it may not be the most rememberable album, it is able to satisfy when being lsitened to.
Fav Tracks: You & I, Amore Fati, Soft, A Dedication
Tom Simmons
Fav Tracks: Amor Fati, Soft, A Dedication, Eyes Be Closed, You And I, Before, Far Away, Within And Without
ElOsoPolar_
Best Tracks: Amor Fati, Within and without, a dedication, eyes be closed.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica