6LACK - 6pc Hot EP
6pc Hot EP
basrdhim
I used to intentionally call him six-lack while knowing his name was black but when I heard that Jessie Reyez song where he said that it made him sad, I stopped lol.

Anyways, this is an extremely disappointing release from 6LACK. I know this is just a throwaway mixtape and 6LACK has never really been the most interesting R&B artist out there, but I was expecting him to at least try a little bit. Especially when the rollout for the album dropped and I saw the cool album concept and lottery ... read more
Map
I love 6lack but this just ain't it. It feels so bland and safe, and with the exception of ATL freestyle (which we already had), and elephant in the room it's just fine. It's just missing the wow factor that his previous work had for me.
Jayce
I do not care
jezovsky
Type 6lack beat + type 6lack flow + type 6lack song theme + type 6lack dark rnb = 6pc Hot EP
Sammyvl
I still love 6LACK's vocal performances but come on, why is it so hard for him to deliver a well-crafted project? All this potential but nothing good to hear? Hopefully some day we will listen to something actually good from him.

Plastic rnb. Somehow I didn't realise when the songs changed during my first listen.

Best track: ATL Freestyle
Worst tracks: probably all of them.
TorranceONGOD
ATL Freestyle - 85 (Good)
Quite honestly, I really like this song. It's chill but the chorus is mid compared to the nice verses. The outro is a tad bit long.

Long Nights - 87 (Good)
Ari Lennox does some backing vocals and interludes, which is pretty cool. 6LACK does great, I just don't enjoy the mixing on the beat.

Float - 73 (Nice, replayable)
It's cool I guess, just kinda boring. The guitar is pretty good though. I like the outro too.

Know My Rights ft. Lil Baby - 76 (Nice, ... read more
kindasweetener
6pc Hot is extremely boring, repetitive, bland and annoying. I don’t like the excessive autotune on 6LACK’s voice and his delivery is pretty poor too. He tries to sing and it’s just a lot of humming drowned in all these vocal effects and it sounds terrible. Production wise, it sounds like I’m listening to the same song over and over again. There’s not enough dynamism on the tracks. Overall, it’s all pretty underwhelming.
BEST TRACKS: ATL Freestyle
WORST ... read more
itscase
I normally like 6LACK’s music, but I can admit he can be pretty standard and generic. I was hoping this would be unique, but I wasn’t optimistic. And I was right.

This felt like listening to nothing. I just zoned out. It’s not bad, and I think most of it is enjoyable, but it’s just painfully average. I like the production, but it’s just not all that interesting.

Fav Tracks: Float, Know My Rights, Elephant In The Room

Least Fav Tracks: Outside
A1t3rTheFreak
hmm...it's a 6LACK project alright.

there really isn't much of a progression here (not that there needs to be but...) it's too similar in sound and content to his 2018 release...which i enjoyed less than his debut album.

i did enjoy more songs on "East Atalanta Love Letter" but there weren't as many standouts or memorable pieces in that project when compared to his debut.

"6pc Hot EP" only further continues that trend leading to me only enjoying one song out of this ... read more
bprg
I know 6lack is a vocals first kind of guy, but some of these beats are just far too stripped back to make this as enjoyable as it should be. Only exception here is Elephant in the Room

Its perfectly inoffensive, but at this point of my life that just means boring
Muratka
I don’t know why, but 6LACK will probably never work out anything with bits, because to get a good thing, you need interesting bits and solutions, and we get boring bits, and nothing interesting from the voice.
This EP is super chill and calming. 6LACK gave me late night vibes throughout the entire EP and the EP cover goes along with it. I could listen to this two years from now and still vibe to it during late nights. The problem is I wouldn't listen to this when I'm moving around and during the day cause I just feel like it wouldn't be able enjoy it as much. Loved it but could've changed things up a little but he might've just wanted to keep the vibes the same.
ParthanyJobtano
its aight, just like every other 6lack projects
Brandonv56
nothing special but nothing great. 6lack continues to keep himself stuck in the lane of every trapesque R&b artist. Its ok but it lacks that ambition to make it a worthwile listen. i know its just an Ep, but the shortened duration is for the worse on this as maybe it couldve been better if he fleshed out this sound over a full cohesive album
JayArtee
Is this even alt. R&B at this point? It just sounds like formulaic trap rap
Scotty2393
ATL Freestyle just gives me those classic 6LACK vibes, but it didn’t blow me away. Long Nights was another sub-par track, didn’t love it but didn’t hate it. Float just hits different right now, got me all in my feelings. Know My Rights leans more on the boring side, but honestly, I enjoyed the Lil Baby feature. I am not a fan of him at all, but he really fit the vibe that 6LACK brings. Elephant in The Room is another good track, nothing special but it fits the tone that 6LACK ... read more
NoahH
-10 points for having Lil Baby on there
jacksimpson741
I actually don’t mind 6LACK, especially compared to artists like Bryson Tiller. His first album has a lot of creative elements. But this ep just did nothing for me. With exception to the first song, absolutely nothing about this stands out, boring name, boring themes, boring songs, garbage feature from lil baby.

highlight: atl freestyle

lowlight: know my rights
Fieryley
This is the First EP of R&B singer 6LACK(Black). I decided to listen to one of the singles ATL freestyle when it came out. I really enjoyed the track so I decided to review this EP.
Anyways to the actual review…
1. ATL Freestyle-9/10-The only song with different production. Medicore chorus but great verses that’s held up by the production. This song definitely sounds like a night time song but a little more aggressive since it might be freestyled.
2. Long Nights-6/10-Slightly ... read more
OVERALL: I really like 6LACK's music because of the chill vibes he offers with his smooth vocals and this is no exception. The production here is really soothing and Ricardo is putting out a lot of beautiful lyrics. The Lil Baby feature is unexpected,but it hits hard and as we all know,he been hot all year and earned my respect long ago. Overall,it's a great vibey EP.
76/100
Strong
Fav Tracks: Know My Rights,Float,Outside
Least Fav: Long Nights

My GF Score: 73/100
TRACKLIST:
1). ATL Freestyle ... read more
6LACK has been consistently decent, no more and no less. Since he does have a cult-following that loves his style; I guess I'm not the one to criticize him for sticking to his guns.
Milz
It's soft and smooth on the ear. It's not very stimulating, pretty mellow. The production's the best part of this ep. Might make for some okay chillout vibes I guess. Not a huge fan of the autotune choice here, 6lack sounds a little too robotic at times for my taste. Overall pretty forgettable stuff.
mRRager_07
Dissapointing, 6LACK returns once more with a dissapointing project, although i really like some of his music but for me he just doesnt show much of his potential he has. All the tracks were decent and pretty generic, but the one song that really made this listen worthy was Outside. Don't get me wrong this project wasn't absolutely horrendous and really bad, this was pretty good but also im saying that 6LACK didn't really put his full potential. Overall, its meh ok, but i really like 6LACK and ... read more
gopxity
Same 6lack vibes on this one. Good little project for a late night drive. Nothing too special though.

Favorite tracks: Float, Know My Rights, Elephant in the Room
Least favorite: ATL Freestyle
SladeAoty
It was okay, I think. He isn't hungry as he was back in 2016 when he released Free 6lack. Still has some good production on this project, but really nothing special at all.

I enjoyed the production on Elephant In The Room, it was crazy.

The project has it's ups and downs. The feature was unexpected and nice.

Kanye West - Wash Us in the Blood
Wash Us in the Blood
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware