Billie Eilish - my future
my future
Stankysauce
I think there's a little to much reverb on her vocals, but the actual performance is one of her best ever. This is seriously one of her best songs.
basrdhim
I know that it's been shoved in your face for the past year and a half, but it's so difficult to genuinely internalize the fact that an album like When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go came from a 17-year-old girl. Love her or hate her, songs like these just show that Billie has so much undeniable growth potential that it's almost scary to think about. When that beat switch came in with a more jazz-inspired percussion style, all I could do was smile about it. The production was fantastic, her ... read more
MusicalWorldOfJ
well folks, she’s done it again.

i think this one is gonna be divisive as hell, mainly because of the lofi production, but im on the side of thinking this song is great and i think the lofi sound fits her voice beautifully. and on top of it all, this is one of her most lyrically strong songs to date. it is incredibly relatable to her gen z and millennial audience. its really a song about moving on from a relationship that didnt work well and finding positivity in life when youre alone. ... read more
NZT3
SHE DID THAT
snowman
8/10
The sounds that came from this song that went inside of my ear were very good sounds. I liked the sounds.
chaifiend
It's like...right on the cusp of being fantastic. The lyrics and instrumentals both feel like they're missing something, but I can't really specify what. Either way, I loved the message behind the lyrics, it's very hopeful and a switch-up from her past music, and even the overall sound differs from her typical formula; I'm excited to see where she's going.
hellodecatur
Takes an obvious cue from city pop - a Japanese style of music and art that embraced western elements following their post-war economic miracle - and is all the better for it. The first half of the song honestly sounds like it could be transcribed for The Real Book, and true Eilish fans should be unsurprised she has the vocals to match. Easily my favorite of her post-album material so far.
nug
Despite being the most popular musician on the planet right now, Billie Eilish still puts out quality songs.

"my future" is one of her best to date.
gopxity
Billie is ridiculously talented but there are only a few songs of hers I've really ever connected with. With that being said, this might be her best song ever, or at least my favorite.
eliiscool5
This song hit me hard. This is another great "quarantine-pop" song, and it is extremely relatable, as this song is about self-reflection, and under the pandemic, when the busy schedules are all cancelled, I finally got time to catch a breath, evaluate myself and put full focus on figuring out what I've been doing, and out of boredom, the first thing I would think about is to wonder what will happen to me in the future. This song reminded me to be optimistic about what the future ... read more
cstuart
Ummmmmmm this is gorgeous
Awesome
Getoutdakitchen
I love when Billie goes for a sleepy and stipped down style, and it works really well here and creates and pretty and hopeful song
Muju123
To be honest I have mixed feelings about this. I love funky style in the second part of the song and the first half could be a good style for billie as well, also the lyrics are great. BUT - the first half isn't up to billie's standarts. It's pretty boring actually and the whole song just lacks something but idk what. However it has a great vocal performance.
Leo_AV
Undoubtedly she has matured in her sound since "everything i wanted" (her best song), but here it does not seem to me that it sounds very good at all, her voice continues to be a great obstacle to enjoying her music.
DomsSingles
QUEEN SHIT
yourboirex
not sure how to feel about this. doesn’t meet the highs of “everything i wanted” but still has it’s own beautiful moments, peaks, and emotional downfalls. yeah. i think that about sums it up. just a good song i guess.
Scre4meh
First of all,the animation on the video is beautiful,just like her vocals on here. The production is a really lowkey vibe that sets itself in the background,while the song is concentrating on her voice and thaughts. Her vocals here are fantastic and the track has a lot of replay value for different situations,like just chilling alone with your own thaughts. Amazing track from Billie.
ChanMart
Billie goes introspective with a blissful self-care anthem that carries with it one of her most passionate vocal performances yet.
samfranzini7
Very nice. I hope she keeps going on this direction. Plus I like anything with "future" in it
DewgongDakota
I LOVE THIS! Alright, I'll chill now. "my future," is Billie Eilish and Finneas executing their normal sound in the most outer-worldly style possible. On Eilish's end she continues her vocal trend on this track with her consistently beautiful whispered vocals. On the production end Finneas absolutely kills it with a phenomenal laid back instrumental that progresses throughout the track, which kinda gives the instrumental a jazz-like feel to it. Yeah, with both of their phenomenal ... read more
Gresh854
Good message, effective tonal switch. Took a while to get into it on first listen but I'm really enjoying the main chorus. Can't complain. It's solid.
Valeyard
Personally I think this is her best song so far.
Once again shutting mouths of those who say that she can't sing that she just murmurs and whispers through.
I hope that in the future she will get even more adventurous and even go full on 50s jazz club.
MarkTurnip
Pretty low-key and simple, not something that will blow your mind nor anything close to that but her performance is great, can't hate on that much talent.

Finneas really knows how to leave space for her intricate vocal passages and her breathy low volume delivery.

A nice thing that she wants to work on her self, everybody should. Good message, she and her brother are a nice side of mainstream music
lyonswilson
the city-pop post-suicidal ballad. the feeling of finally wanting to live past 20 is hard to describe, but i think she does it well.

Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death