Mastodon - Medium Rarities
Medium Rarities
21stcenturyschi
Mastodon, one of the most celebrated bands in progressive and sludge metal, rightfully so too, released some albums in the 2000's, that I would consider to be essentials in their respective genres at this point. Despite this, I didn't end up liking much of anything the band did in the 2010's, in fact my favorite of their releases was the Cold Dark Place EP, that was actually just a few B-sides from recent recording sessions that didn't make the cut. I thought Mastodon going psychedelic rock was ... read more
slickleg
I enjoyed this quite a good amount, but I’ll give it a few more listens just to see if the score changes, even a little. The covers and instrumentals are probably my favourite, besides “White Walker” and their new-ish “Fallen Torches”. “Cut You Up With a Linoleum Knife” will always be hilarious and especially if you watch the video with it on the YouTube. I don’t care, I will defend this band until I die. Biased??? Probably bro.
PROBABLY.
xcomebackkid
an eclectic mix of songs that did not make the cutting room floor. Hard to rate because it's more of a compilation of random songs over the years, but showcases the bands range quite nicely. Enjoyable listen, but the order of songs is really strange.
Z.Younk
Should've put 'Rufus Lives!' from the new Bill & Ted Face The Music soundtrack. Great track, bad soundtrack for the most part.
Beekeeper
Live tracks and instrumentals DO NOT count as rarities! They're boring when they come as b-sides and they're boring when you stick them on an album with no rhyme or reason. Why these songs? What do they gain from being stripped of vocals? What about these live recordings is special, beyond that they show how you can play really well live, but can't sing so good?

So other than those we have a handful of previously unreleased tracks - one OK original that sounds like it probably came from the ... read more

Fleet Foxes - Shore
ALICIA
Oh Sees - Protean Threat
Oh Sees
Protean Threat
Slauson Malone - Vergangenheitsbewältigung (Crater Speak)
Slauson Malone