Wild Pink - A Billion Little Lights
A Billion Little Lights
BGL13
pretty boring, slightly forgettable, but not necessarily bad
geanluka
19.2.2021

A soothing and calm record.
avernannes
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5.3/10

"A Billion Little Lights" presents a cheerful and optimistic, but unremarkable and not really ambitious set of tracks. The energy is very pleasant, but you probably won't remember a single song from this album.
laz456
When I want something relaxing to vibe to while I think or work on something, this is the kind of record I love. Wild Pink create that warm atmosphere that helps make the world's problems melt away for just a moment.
heavymetalbumma
I was pretty nervous for this release since Wild Pink's last album means a lot to me and the instant grat tracks weren't doing a lot to hold my attention. Of course I was foolish to be worried cause what the fuck do I know. The band still sounds amazing and I'm sure this will rival "Yolk in the Fur" after repeat listens. They still are my number one band to listen to while driving at night or in the snow. It's the perfect atmosphere for their music. They're so tranquil and thought ... read more
NTTR
Wild Pink - A Billion Little Lights

Genre: Indie Rock
Country: US

Final Verdict: 57% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 110th / 170

Highlight: The Shining but Tropical

Made me think of:
Car Seat Headrest
Another Sky
Soccer Mommy
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
Orlkont
I was playing Stardew Valley when I was listening to this and then it rained.
Usually don't like "vibe" albums but damn this ruled
rsaulomar
Pretty and enjoyable music that you’ll forget the moment you stop listening to it :l
7rent
Heartfelt Alt-Country mixed with a little Heartland Indie Rock. Few good cuts to hear, mostly just breezed by while it was on.

Favorite Tracks: Bigger Than Christmas, Family Friends, Track Mud

Least Favorite: The Wind Was Like a Train
AngelHerntz
Wild pink se desenvuelve entre el indie-rock-folk-country, con alguno que otro sintetizador en pocas canciones con bases estables aunque rígidas, predecibles en sí. Aunque logran ambientar bien un determinado espacio geográfico, me hacen pensar en el desierto nocturno acampando a la intemperie con un billón de soles como tejado; no sé si se deba al arte conceptual de su portada o al alusivo título del album. En definitiva no son un mal exponente de la ... read more
AnthroWobbly
Fine melodies. Clean production. But nothing all that unique or new going on here. To be frank, you've already heard this music many times before, and done better.
vitorbrenu
Álbum entediante
Best Hot Dog Band in the biz
Coming off a huge sleeper hit with "Yolk In The Fur", I was expecting a lot more here.  At it's best, it's a heartfelt, catchy Indie Rock record.  At it's worst, it doesn't have the vast imagery and colroful atmosphere of Wild Pink's early material.  If you like you indie rock sounding nice from a distance but lacking the glorious details they once provided, you'll be fine with this.  But expected something bigger and bolder.

Give A Listen To: "The ... read more

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
Julien Baker - Little Oblivions
Julien Baker
Little Oblivions
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.