Common - A Beautiful Revolution (Pt 1)
A Beautiful Revolution (Pt 1)
funklildim
Another release on the topic of politics and social struggle, to which we have already got used to this year. This time the well-known legend, Common, decided to speak out. It turned out convincingly, but not to the extent that we all would like. Some compositions are insecure in structure, some with practically no progress in sound. In short, not as good as we would like, but not as bad as it could be.
Song with Lenny Kravitz on guitar is good af. If everyone else was like that.
Rollo_P
With the exception of the last two tracks, I feel like too many of these beats are too delicate, too soft. They could use some extra *oomf.* Common plays the wise man as always, but nothing we haven't seen before from older, better records. Not bad though, nothing outright bad. Monster Black Thought feature, but that's to be expected at this point.
Ark Album music dope unique lyrical genius
Common goat rapper and mcs lyrical classic feat black thought amazing message made king hip hop
HHGA
A Beautiful Revolution (Pt 1) is a surprise release by Common. Common is one of Hip Hop's elite, so a Common release always is an event. A Beautiful Revolution (Pt 1) is a fine project, but it feels a bit lightweight and breezy due to its brevity and its loungy vibes. Lyrically Common does what he's been doing, coming with thoughtful socio-political insights that fit the times we live in. Black Thought shows up for a feature, and he kills it as he always does. The other guests Lenny Kravitz and ... read more
LyricalMiracleS
Common releases an album that perfectly tackled the current political struggles and made for a great return.

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I heard that this album was coming out. Needless to say, I didn't expect anything this good. Common is on point lyrically and does an incredible job of tackling the current societal issues in an objective and well-informed way.

In terms of production, while I think it was the lowest point of this project, wasn't that bad. I do feel that for ... read more
PelicanManners
“The new project features a stellar band, with jazz hero Robert Glasper taking up keys, alongside Karriem Riggins (drums), Burniss Travis (bass), Isaiah Sharkey (guitar), and PJ (vocals).”

That should explain why the production is more laid back, sort of loungey. But I enjoyed it quite a bit, it was a nice, short listen with a pretty good Black Thought feature.
Z.Younk
I haven't ever disliked a Common album, though he's had 2 or 3 weaker entries in his discography, but this is great and on par with Black Thought's most recent release, who is featured. Consistency and sound is key, he doesn't reinvent the wheel, but he takes it and drives into mellow, summer vibes and the same insightful, conscious songwriting he's beloved for and never sounds out of his depth or reaching.
jezovsky
Damn this is so slow, uninteresting and boring. 'A Beautiful Revolution' includes only 9 tracks but it sounded disgustingly long and empty.
CaveP
Solid

Best tracks: Say Peace
Worst tracks: —
Tobzzz
This is really beautiful for the most part
Great album by Common

Conscious as always with very breezy and light production and vocals

Favorites—> What Do You Say, Fallin and Say Peace
6. A Peace In This World (ft. PJ) ❌
7. A Riot In My Mind (ft. Lenny Kravitz) ✅
8. Don’t Forget Who You Are ❌
9. (A A Beautiful Revolution) Outro

Best Song = “What Do You Say” (Move It Baby) [ft. PJ)
JD
Common is a rapper that I don't get myself into but man this was heavily decent.

Beats were good and the collabs were good too.

Bicep - Isles