Pauline Anna Strom - Angel Tears in Sunlight
Angel Tears in Sunlight
Jamobo
Pauline Anna Strom is best known for her work under the moniker Trans-Millenia Consort, named after her 1982 debut. While she recorded 7 full length projects from 1982-88, she didn't receive any real acclaim or attention and as such had to sell her equipment and leave the music world. That is until 2017, when a compilation built from those tapes and LPs grabbed the attention of music fans, leading to Strom's return to music and her first project in over 30 years.

Strom's work, both under her ... read more
avernannes
★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

Well, the base concepts and ideas on this record are okay, the same thing with production, but any track on "Angel Tears in Sunlight" does not develop in any direction; it's like listening to a list of ringtones - after the second repetition it gets tiring, or even annoying.
Orlkont
This is a very emotional album. It's like Pauline gave us that one last gift of breath and gave us a glimpse of that bridge between now and the afterlife. Thank you for sharing your talent.
geanluka
19.2.2021

To inconsistent for my taste.
SassyTabasco
OHHH okay, is this why Oneohtrix sounds like this? I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if this lady's past works were like a big influence on him. But I digress.

This is one of those ambient, sonic pallet sort of electronic albums. If I'm ever into this sort of thing, I'm really in it for the particular quality of the bleeps and bloops. So this was pretty lacking for me.

Love the weird, plucky, reverberated melody on "Tropical Convergence", punctuated by this low ... read more
ShoegazeJake
An honor to live during her time and in her sound.
New Age, Ambient, kosmische, Fourth World all mixed together in a consistent and solid album.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories