Indigo Sparke - echo
Bjartolini
folk ❀️ music πŸ₯Ί women πŸ₯°
BGL13
this was a pretty nice album, but it wasn’t very memorable
fave: bad dreams
least fave: dog bark echo
Orlkont
Anything Adrianne Lenker touches is worth more than gold at this point. And female folk vocalists are also at the top of the food chain for all I know. Because this album ate me up wholly. Holy, is what it is.
geanluka
19.2.2021

A nice little folk record with calm vibes.
avernannes
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
6.7/10

Simplistic, but touching. Indigo's voice accompanied only by a reserved guitar brings a meditative or even therapeutic serenity, and even though "echo" is not a grand production of any kind, it's really worth experiencing.
breedingflowers
I can definitely hear Adrianne's touches in this album although it wasn't really enough for me to be able to fully embrace the album. The lyrics don't hit me strong enough for me to be able to get back to this album again. Definitely has potential though.
apotofstu
EDIT: 70 --> 80
Bumping my score up by one number, this record's growing on me. Despite a significantly weaker latter half (Dog Bark Echo does the record no favor), Indigo Sparke's debut record contains some of the best folk music of this year so far. With soothing, beautiful vocals, harrowing songwriting, and co-production from Adrianne Lenker, Echo is on its way to taking a spot as one of my favorite releases of 2021.

Favs: Colourblind; Undone; Bad Dreams; Carnival; Golden Age; Wolf; ... read more
DareG
echo is a bit dichotomous, simultaneously bright and airy while also hauntingly sentimental and melancholic.

Standouts: Colourblind, Bad Dreams, Baby, Golden Age, Carnival, Undone, Everything Everything

Dropouts: none
marcotonho
folk + pop + woman = perfect.
AngelHerntz
Buen album, Echo es un trabajo muy melancólico, como es la línea general del folk. Cuenta con una buena ornamentación, tal vez minimalista pero con buenos acompañamientos vocales, o coros. Plasma a la perfección el ambiente desértico, tal vez lo digo por el cover-art. Tal vez su único problema, aunque no tan grave, sería el no aportar nada nuevo al género, mas de eso no se le puede culpar ya que el innovar no es una empresa ... read more

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.