Graeme James - The Weight of Many Winters

The Weight of Many Winters

TomBejoy
Is no one gonna talk about the fact that my new profile picture is Reddit Sarah Bonito wearing an MF Doom mask? Ok.

Hmm, a set of soulful folk ballads that aren't exactly my cup of tea but could be a godsend to many.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As someone who doesn't find the genre of folk to be enthusing in particular save for when the writing is mad interesting yet introspective or the production has odd quirks to ... read more
jkpyg
Clocking in at just under half an hour, labelling this as an EP is a shame because EP’s get lost in my mind behind the albums I love. But this is a truly beautiful and serene project, which manages to inflict the feeling of a Cold Winter on the listener, which was the intention from what I can see. It’s very calming and relaxing, and I’m sure I’ll be coming back to this.

Best Songs - All but the Lyrics on Time are particularly excellent
BGL13
idk this kinda bored me
currentjoyys
FAVORITE TRACK: The Voyage of James Caird

LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: The Weight of Many Winters

The Weight of Many Winters is a straight-forward and beautiful indie folk record. This EP touches on a lot of classic folk points but is brought to life by the beautiful instrumentals on songs like Northern Lights and The Votage of James Caird. The violins on this album are a highlight as well as Graeme James’ voice. He sounds wonderful on Time, a soulful and breaking song.
FakeSmile
I've never listened Graeme James before and this was my first listen and I'm actually quite surprised by this album and him. The instrumentals and the lyrics on this project were so beautiful, serene and calming. Oh, and especially, his voice was... so appealing. Everything about this project was so well done. It was a very mesmerizing and calming album.
werajek
The first album I've fully listened to in 2021 and my first-ever encounter with Graeme James's. Lots of firsts then, but definitely not a single regrettable one.
vojtamarek
Wow. This is just stunningly beautiful. I’d listen to another three hours of it if I could.

The Weight of Many Winters was my very first introduction to Graeme James. And I’ve immediately fallen in love with it. This heavily atmospheric, through and through magical, vulnerable, emotional, and honest EP immediately got under my skin and made me smile, sad, touched, nostalgic, and deeply connected to every word, note, and small detail on it. I found myself just floating in ... read more
ecenb
A heartwarming start to 2021. Graeme James's four seasonal EP's project really charmed me as an idea. I will definitely listen to the autumn part of this project and wait for spring/summer ones.
These winter songs warmed me, though this project is about winter, isn't it ironic? Maybe not if the artist's aim is to seek ways to soften the winter.
Folk is one of my favorite genres and its harmony with the concept of nature impressed me. Although the vocals are not perfect, I found them adequate ... read more
avernannes
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5.9/10

Cozy and quieting, a bit monotonous.
yoizillmatic
Picked this as my first 2021 project to listen to because I liked the album cover. I was pleasantly surprised by the music itself- the first two tracks were pretty underwhelming but it really picked up with 'The Voyage of the James Caird' and 'Northern Lights', two tracks that brought in much fuller and lush instrumentation than the ones before them. 'Time' was a brilliant closer that gave me a mini existential crisis as covid rages on and I continue to waste away my final year of high school ... read more
Danko
First time listening to the artist and I enjoyed it so much. It's calm and collected all the way through and Graeme James inflicts his messages clearly without even stuttering. I love the differences in each track but the true star here is Time, which really hits home and wraps the EP up perfectly. This is a fantastic Folk collection it definitely is a highlight.
MusicTheJax
So peaceful.
Lovely voice but it can just pass over you.
Beautiful but really not for me
KarlSkomaker
Cute
MatchstickMan
Very wholesome. Feels good.

The Armed - Ultrapop