Lael Neale - Acquainted with Night
Acquainted with Night
br94
Lael Neale's music is introspective, poignant and nostalgic, a warm summer breeze of a carefree past.

In my view, the two main elements that make the album distinctive is her playful voice, a little buried in the mix, like she is a narrator of a vintage, impressionistic film. The second is her masterful lo-fi synth work, rewarding the listener with sweeping, poetic landscapes and gentle touches, intertwined with Neale's descriptive lyrics and spare but purposeful harmonies. Usually these ... read more
avernannes
โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†
5.1/10

Interesting direction, but for me, the execution is too static and tedious. The lo-fi feel combined with church organs and old-school vocal performance is not something you hear every day, but when the project doesn't have anything to offer apart from that, it gets monotonous and boring pretty fast.
Orlkont
I am obsessed with organs. So it's only fair that this album lifted my spirit with excitement. This reminds me so much of Beach House but if it was fronted by Melody's Echo Chamber in the 70s.
An inspiring sound of serene unity with the isolation we live in today. As our world shrunk to our small homes, Lael Neale turned to her music to express the stasis of the world and all the unfinished stories of love and passion.
Though underwhelming at times, the album hits hard when it does in its key tracks.
andyintoronto
A little too stripped back for me. Some nice little times on here though, but feel I’d need to be more of a folk guy to really appreciate this. Just not for me.
grayola
Drum machines and MIDI (?) organs can, in fact, carry an LP.
nyancam
Beautifully written songs filtered through a cloud. :-)

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.