Loraine James - Reflection

Reflection

Orlkont
I was already vibing real good but then I just noticed that Baths is featured. I COMPLETELY LOST MY SHIT. I need new music from him right now that even a feature makes me so goddamn excited. He and Loraine did such a great job building a symbiotic relationship with both of their sounds.
TheCarioca
We're Building Something New (feat. Iceboy Violet) - 5/5 ❤
R1v3r__
boring as hell
Quilaiba
Sounds cool but there's really not much to latch onto here. The most inventive sounding songs I've kinda heard before anyways with other recent electronic artists. The genre fusion is cool but only works effectively on sporadic occasions.
KTOM
I was anticipating this album immensely. Everything out of Hyperdub over the pandemic has been high quality, interesting and innovative. Loraine James was no different, her Darkstar - Wolf remix was one of my favorite tracks of the past 18 months.

However I dived into this LP on Fridays release date, thought maybe I was in the right mood for it and tried it twice over again yesterday. It was bleak, maybe a bit too rude to say but - effortless in some parts. I was excited to see Nova as a ... read more
TruLad69
This very much bangs. It’s much more skeletal and colder sounding than ‘For You And I’, but also lyrically feels more introspective and warm. It’s an intriguing mix and makes for a really enjoyable record that rewards repeat listens.

Fav Track: Running Like That
Least Fav Track: Let’s Go
kingsolomonf
Loraine James is one of the most exciting and innovative producers in the electronic world today. She pulls from dozens of different styles and always synthesizes them into something unique and compelling. On “Reflection” James leans into drill and grime (“Built to Last”, “Black Ting”, “We’re Building Something New”), club and dance (“Let’s Go”, “Simple Stuff”, “Leaving the Club Early”), and hypnotic ... read more
noisefirst
FIRST LISTEN: Such a refreshing take on an established British IDM scene, bringing in bits of modern day drill and glitch pop. Visionary.
DumbGuy
Do I just not get it?
Mohamedmahmoud
Loraine James - Reflection
Electronic / IDM / Glitch Hop
June 4, 2021

Loraine offers an insane trip which is completely improvised, maybe it's a truly reflection of her genius mind.

8.5/10

Favourite tracks :
Let's Go
Self Doubt (Leaving the Club Early)
Running Like That (feat. Eden Samara)
We're Building Something New (feat. Iceboy Violet)
I wonder if the critics did look at the cover first. It looks like some artwork by Jessy Kanda. But the content of the record is now way of the quality of the work of FKA Twigs, Bjork or Arca.

Backxwash - I Lie Here Buried With My Rings and My Dresses