Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away
A really great message, and a very well produced track. I just wish it wasn't so boring to me.
August
1975 pilots
BGL13
this is so much better than level of concern lmfao

ok time for the real review. even though tyler’s vocals are good, the real highlight of this track is the instrumental and production. the guitars and synth are just insanely fun. they have a similar vibe to bands like the killers, the strokes, phoenix, or even inerpol. the drums are also very good but what do you expect from twenty one pilots. when i first heard about this song, i had no clue what to expect. the odds seemed really ... read more
snowman
9/10
This will fit perfect on my white boy summer playlist.
cakenator
You don’t understand how much I’m losing my mind right now

AYY JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY 800TH RATING
PcPowerUp
your crimes against humanity have not been forgiven but this song is really good

April 11 update: This is my fav song of the year
YUP YUP THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TYLER!!! SYNTHPOP PILOTS ARE MINE!! BACK OFF FELLAS!!!!!
Riskr
AFTER LISTENING: I wasn’t expecting them to go back to pop and was a little disappointed after finishing the first chorus but the way this evolves is amazing. I love the little bits of mixing up the structure and beat and it’s production is fantastic and detailed. A WONDERFUL RETURN OF MY CHILDHOOD HEROS
Sounds like a combo of vessel and trench!!

EDIT: this is definitely a combo of mid 2000s pop punk combined with the synths and vibrancy of regional at best with the maturity and ... read more
Schmedess
I don't have a lot to say its just a really fun pop song.
Lots of 00s indie influence too
halbery
Josh is still the hotter one
Dick
As somebody who routinely hated TOP's music before the release of Trench, I like this. This is good. Is it the best shit ever? No. Is it as mindblowing as Jumpsuit was? Also no. However, it is a short, fun, and quirky synth-pop tune. It reminds me a lot of the best stuff off of their earlier material, and it has me hyped for the next release.
Cry
I'm not the most familiar with Twenty One Pilots but I've heard a ton of their old stuff as they were almost always playing on the radio, with 'Shy Away' sounding really different to what I've heard in the past from them, being a really good single to drop before 'Scaled and Icy'. The vocals sounded nice, a bit nostalgic as they blended beautifully with the production during the chorus and even though they were nothing special, they sounded cool for the rest of the track too. The production was ... read more
ImplicitDoom
Twenty One Pilots, surprisingly, actually return to their core sound pre-blurryface and it works out pretty well. Huge Vessel aura and I love Vessel.

Scaled And Icy certainly won’t be bad, and I’m hopeful that these three years have made it a great album.
amgieee
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED
Fratzolas
Not their best song by a landslide but still solid enough. Its different from the rest of the things they have done thus far, as its more pop leaning but after some listens it has grown on me. Still no match to most of the things on Trench and Vessel but im still excited for the album
Though I do love this more synthpop lead direction that the band is taking, it doesn’t quite resonate with me as much as the darker, hard-edged sonic aesthetics that were present throughout trench.

I will always be excited for a new project from these guys, i’m just not fully confident that I will be in love with their new record as much as I was with their last one!
Andrei
A catchy, synth-pop song is a good lead single for what will be the band's first album in 2 1/2 years
Jallen2035
Trench was one of my favorite albums of the 2010s, so as you can imagine I was very excited to hear Twenty One Pilots came out with a new song and I was not disappointed. This is a straight-up rock song that sounds similar to a Pheonix song and is a great hopeful-sounding return from the band. I can't wait for the album.
kirboangry
ITS OUT
reptilia0000
I'm not giving this such a low note just because "unpopular opinion" or whatever, I mean, the song is ok, but these guys have way better tracks under their name, this doesn't even sound special at all, literally everything on "Trench" is better than this.
nug
The guitar riff sounds plucked right off of Is This It.

I'm comparing Twenty One Pilots to the fucking Strokes.

Damn.
TheFingerDrop
Is it as surprising or bombastic as their Trench lead-single? No.
But it’s such a fucking vibe I don’t have any other words to describe this song, it’s so vibrant I love this
midnightbabe
Twenty One Pilots are back :)

This time around they're trying a borderline pop rock direction, something they hinted towards with their single Level of Concern, last year. This song instantly gives me early 2010's indie rock vibes too, weirdly enough, it sounds like Twenty One Pilots doing an impression of themselves but with all the new charisma and high quality production from their later years.

It's not one of their weirdest songs by any means, but it's pretty damn catchy and bouncy, I ... read more
humm1ng_b1rd
Thank you guys, I was desperately in need of a cheerful Bop to take my self-esteem out of the water.
TubeCalm
I love milk. Milk is delicious. We should all drink more milk. :)

The Armed - Ultrapop