Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel
The Idler Wheel
FinalLifeline
I can't word things nearly as eloquently as Fiona, but if I could, this could almost be my diary put to music. Few albums speak to me like this. Few albums are this perfect either. The butter-and-honey piano, the bourbon-soaked strings, the razor-sharp lyrics: it all hits like a ton of bricks, as if your subconscious is barraging you with personal revelations and pouring peroxide over your wounds at the same time. It's hard to describe very well, but one word comes to mind: perfect.
MinatoArisato
Solid writing and some gorgeous piano driven songs.

Best Track: Every Single Night
Worst Track: Hot Knife
Good shit. 'Hot Knife' gets special points for how many times the word butter is said.
dakotaconcrete
The instrumentation is sparse but perfectly paired with her raw voice.
holsgr
☆☆☆½ ~ Great and solid. This album doesn't sound as one of the greatests, but overall it was an enriching experience to me.
PatrickL0419
This is one of those records I put on about once a year, only to be enthralled all over again as soon as my brain processes the first note.
nicaburi
O instrumental, o vocal, as letras, tudo gira e colabora para se adentrar no universo de solidão criado por Fiona nesse album. Começar com "Every Single Night" é praticamente levar um soco no estômago. A produção é incrivel, a composição é incrivel, de longe o melhor trabalho da Fiona e um dos melhores de 2012.

Melhores Faixas: Every Single Night, Regret, Anything we Want, Hot Knife
zeyadreda
her vocal performance is one of the best i've ever heard
CheapandLethal
Fairly unispiring
BillKeys
Hot Knife had my jaw dropped
scott96k
First half - 10/10

Second half - 8/10

Overall - 9/10
Flamingooooo
I like her vocals a lot and in the combinations with this cool instrumentation this album is not that boring like many others slowwwwww records.
ethan3lp
Absolute perfection
fijacionoral
everything about this is perfect, my pick for album of the decade without a doubt.
ChannelBlonde
amazing
WildChameleon
One of my favourite album, Idler Wheel is extremely visceral, lyrically and sonically. She has so much raw with so much devastating lyrics, I absolutely adore this Artist !
palmtopinho
i ADORE every single track from this goddamn album, it's perfection in every single meaning of the word.
If there was ever any doubt that Fiona Apple is a genius, it should be put to rest here. This is an incredibly emotional record, but not in the weepy sense that description might imply -- rather, she explores a wide variety of human emotions and articulates them better than most ever could by themselves, all set to compelling minimalist piano arrangements and brought to life with stellar vocals. A masterpiece.
Sincerely, this is one of the best albums I've ever listened. The powerful and confessional lyrics, the sharp and precise instrumentation — everything has a beautiful and raw taste. The Idler Wheel touches me personally, it makes me think, feel and realize many things in my life. Fiona Apple is truly gifted, she shares her inner person with the listener, in a way that her statements means a lot concerning our own experiences. I simply don't know what to expect from her next ... read more
wss
It's not just the wit or the lyrical style, it is not just the melodies whose chord just hit that uneasy note, it is another triumphal introspection.
DefSky
" Give me, give me, give me what you got

In your mind, in the middle of the night " Fiona Apple
Interesting, but not overwhelming. Lyrics are better than the music.
heloryh
best singer-song writer album this year
lyrcs dont get better than this

American Football - American Football