Billie Eilish - Your Power

Your Power

August
no one man should have all that power
While it’s really lowkey and a strange choice and direction for a lead single, Your Power is a beautiful song that has grown on me with every listen.

I really enjoyed Billie’s debut album, and I’ve liked pretty much every thing she’s put out since. I really liked “my future”, and I thought “Therefore I Am” was great, but I think this might be my favorite of the three. It’s just such a hauntingly beautiful song that isn’t flashy and ... read more
nathanaskenazi
need more listens but it's alarmingly meh

edit: never mind, it's just another unexpected yet obvious direction to take her sound in (68 --> 82)
GersonAOTY
I was expecting a little more, in fact, I think I prefer "my future" and "Therefore I Am" more than this song and supposedly this is the big lead single so I'm a little disappointed but the song itself is far from bad, I would probably like it a lot more on the album but it just doesn't feel like single material to me.
Ok guys.... I'm disappointed. I am a Billie fan but this doesn't sit well as a "lead single" to this era, maybe I'm not ready to see an acoustic kinda of era, still the song is kinda boring. 5/10
halbery
im confused this does not sound very happy like the album said. billie are you lying to us? your fans? why would you do this? you do realize you owe us everything, right? of course you do haha. you would be nothing without my constant twitter tagging and hornyposting.

anyways, OnlyFans pls? im loving DaHair! (dababy reference) please someone just give me a kiss or a hug or SOMETHING im so touch starved i dont know how much longer i can go on without physical affection oh god

(7.5/10)
Galaxy
Bon Iver took too much Xanax, now he's even more boring.
How is this supposed to be a lead single? Are you from this planet? This song is going to tank, just like the rest of your career, Billie. You need to step up your game.
Disappointed is an understatement. I'm disgusted by the fact that she would think this is enough quality to even make public, this sounds like a demo for the world's worst artist. I haven't been this upset at a song in a long time.
redbded
This kinda weirdly sounds like White Dress, is that just me?

But yeah, it’s a great track. An odd choice for a single, with its very lowkey and acoustic sound, but lyrically it’s extremely well done about an abusive relationship, and the instrumental works well with the track too. I definitely get why some are disappointed, as the track is quite barebones, but I’m honestly really happy with this, even if I do agree that it is probably the weakest single for the album so far.
Cry
‘Your Power’ is my favorite single from all of her recent singles since ‘No Time To Die’ as I feel like she’s slightly moved back to the creative route that she was travelling on before ‘my future’ and ‘Therefore I Am’. Billie Eilish’s vocals are beautiful, easily being some of her best even though they do get drowned out by the beat at times. The production by FINNEAS is fantastic, especially because I haven’t heard him produce ... read more
theryanhimself
Billie Eilish is back, and isn't slowing down.
With the announcement of her album "Happier Than Ever", it's pretty obvious that the internet is going crazy. 3 days ago, Billie released a snippet for the song Happier Than Ever. We learned the day after that this would also be the name of the album. I was very surprised to see the approach that Billie is taking this time around. Her last album had vibes for every mood. It gave off a sad vibe while also showing aspects of pop. Everything ... read more
nanaonsen
this is not interesting. it's just a slow-paced, bog standard acoustic song that throws on reverb effects and heavy atmosphere instead of majorly progressing.

the progression on the acoustic guitar is dull, i thought the folk notes at the start were a nice genre to play with, but most of the guitar playing on this song is intentionally muted and drowned out by billie's overpowering vocal line. which, to me, is one of her least interesting. it's not like she's hitting any notes or saying much, ... read more
QueenRosie
oh i know who should have this power no one should ha except one person
MalArken
Taylor Swift really hitting different recently, huh.
stolenpositions
this surely doesn’t seem lead single worthy imo but it’s still a really gorgeous ballad with a great vocal delivery from billie (one of her strongest imo) and some heartfelt lyrics. it’s a good album cut.
Phillip
While the lyrical content is simply beautiful with Billie telling the story of an abusive relationship she was in a few years ago, the sound of the track isn't my cup of tea. It's not bad by any means as she does produce some great vocals throughout the track. I just found the instrumental which was mainly led by some simple melodic guitar strings, was a little bit tasteless for my liking.
ChanMart
It’s definitely low-key for a single, but the lyrics speak to the unfortunate reality of many teens and young adults suffering through toxic relationships. It’s restrained, it’s intimate, and it shows a lot of vulnerability from Billie. I’m excited to see how the whole record turns out.
lilchefremy
Seems like I'll forever have the exact opposite opinion as Billie's fans. Most of the time I'm ok with Billie's stuff, and I really like a handful of her tracks, she and her brother are super talented, that's pretty obvious. Usually though I feel like her edgy, quirky, cute but evil prsona holds her back as an artist, and maybe because of the huge overplay the first album soured really fast for me.

But on here she switches the minimal blip-blup acapella sound to a more timeless acoustic ... read more
Valeyard
This isn't bad. It's a good single. But damn it... Billie's first album was a sensation mainly because of the freshness it left behind. And here? I could list on the fingers of both my hands the artists who make this type of singer-songwriter folk. And on the fingers of one those who are innovative about it.
Knowing that there is both this song and 'therefore i am' and also 'my future' on the album I am a bit worried because at the moment I don't see the picture that Billie wants to present to ... read more
SalmonBoucher
beautiful, amazing, attractive and impressive.
pullupthepoor
while i wish she'd gone somewhere else with this song, i adore the little details on the production and her voice sounds as good as ever. i like the more melancholic approach and I think the song is gonna age well. maybe not the best choice for a lead, though?

EDIT: here i am like half an hour later and i can't stop listening to it something's dragging me endlessly and i cant stop somebody help me

EDIT 2: hear me out on this one. it's been a few days and honestly i've only learned to ... read more
currentjoyys
Very interesting choice for a lead single but Eilish sounds great on it with the subtle instrumentals really highlighting her voice. Knowing what this song is about though really changes the experience. The lyrics touch on grooming and pedophilia in the industry in a way that no artist really does and Billie Eilish speaks from real, raw experience. It's very beautiful.

I’m very excited for the album.
apotofstu
Cute lil song, but not anything special.
orangedroog65
I think it’s spectacular, oh well.
JAZZYCHIEF