Trivium - In the Court of the Dragon

In the Court of the Dragon

Musicnerdd
Trivium's magnum opus?

The american metalcore band "trivium" have been on a great form in the last few years but although releasing two successful and acceptable albums since 2017 (what the dead men say and the sin and the sentence) and receiving positive responses from the fans and critics, but there was still a lot of problmes. The albums weren't really groundbreaking or surprising, they were just good and that's it. There were even some filler tracks in both of the albums. Also ... read more
R1v3r__
I became 10 times more badass while listening to this
AffanAhmad
A third straight homerun from this band. Jesus does this go hard! Loved the strings arrangements added by Ihsan and the throwback riffage to the shogun and ascendancy days. Cant wait to see it live!
TipoOpositivo
FUCK IT!!! Best metal record from this fucking year! furious, fulled with insane riffs and solos and sometimes pretty and well done melodic, just released and almost sure their best record ever. What a beatiful cover too.
MaceBlade42
Matt Heafy went to the school of Devin Townsend and shaved his head to make the best music he could. The rest of the band followed suit. I love TSATS and WTDMS, but this is a whole different beast and I love it. I cannot recommend this album enough. Very few artists put out a great three album run while also evolving, but Trivium have done it once again.
their_nickname
I want to give this even higher, I really do. The instrumentation on this album is tighter than a dolphin's blowhole. The guitars and the rhythm section absolutely shred and destroy. I just get left cold by the vocals when they go full clean. The Hetfield worship rasp is fine, and the distortions are fine, but the melodic sections come off less Priest or Maiden and unfortunately more Puddle of Mudd. Go ahead, compare how they sound to the Puddle of Mudd hit Blurry. The comparison is sadly ... read more
GRNHLL
In the Court of the Dragon is an epic and intense melodic metalcore record with an almost power metal feeling to it, although it feels like it drags on needlessly sometimes, which is the exact same issue I had with their previous album.
treblafreeman
Since Silence In The Snow, I feel they managed to master their craft, and they have been just releasing incredibly consistent albums, each one being better than the last one, and here they peaked again.
By the cover and the names of the singles, I expected this to be a Power Metal album lol, but no, it's just Trivium being Trivium at its peak.
They did it, they released something that can be compared to Shogun quality level.
Lucmun
A Dragon or a Crimson King?
Tyckz
It's nothing mindblowing, it's nothing all that new either, but this was a pretty solid metalcore album. I've never heard of Trivium before so i was pleasantly surprised by how solid this band's performance was on this album. Writing a whole album about a made up mythology with dragons is a actually a pretty cool concept when you think about it, it feels like a Dungeons and Dragons metal album but in the best way possible. The vocals are very raw the instrumentations was also great, overall ... read more
gromg think it ok
Brihongol
Average 300 Enjoyer be like.
Formidable77
While In The Court of the Dragon doesn't do anything too groundbreaking, its powerful composition and songwriting shows why Trivium is a cut above the rest in this particular genre.

FAVORITE TRACKS: The Phalanx, From Dawn To Decadence, Fall Into Your Hands, In The Court Of The Dragon, Like A Sword Over Damocles, No Way Back Just Through
LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: A Crisis Of Revelation
th_initiator
▲ = Like a Sword Over Damocles, Feast of Fire, A Crisis Of Revelation, The Shadow Of The Abattoir, Fall Into Your Hands, The Phalanx
▬ = In The Court Of The Dragon, No Way Back Just Through, From Dawn To Decadence,
▼ =
Rumple
Lmao, the Trivium vocalist kinda looks like Rob Schneider.
swifty30
so sick that album cover damn

[TOP 3]
- In The Court Of The Dragon -
- The Shadow Of The Abattoir -
- Fall Into Your Hands -
MarioAlves
In my country we say, "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one", and in my opinion, thats an almost an alltime masterpiece of Metal music. I can´t even decide witch song i like the most.

At the end of the year, you will see this album in every metal magazine top 10 of the year for sure!
invicuous
Will update score when I'm done with the album
LuisMusic
Trivium
thatkubeczkokid
So I really liked this album! Some super catchy riffs, and some really fun songs. Fall Into Your Hands slaaaaaaaps! Outside of how fun this project was, there's really nothing else I have to say about it? Kinda just a standard, straight forward metal record in my opinion? Nothing too crazy or brand new here.
prodbyKanye
Metalcore? 10 outta 10
CherryChase
FINALLY AN ALBUM THATS WORTH THEIR HYPE
Resontone
For scratching the brain itch. May cause involuntarily headbanging, secure nearby objects.
tatakae712
Un gran trabajo sin duda, la energía que emite incluyendo la fluidez con la que pasan las canciones lo hacen un álbum muy entretenido.

Coldplay - Music of the Spheres
Coldplay
Music of the Spheres
Young Thug - Punk
Young Thug
Punk
PinkPantheress - to hell with it
PinkPantheress