The Killers - Sam's Town
Sam's Town
"Sam's Town" is another energetic, catchy and fun pop rock record with matured songwriting and great production. I also love Brandon's vocals on here, with lots of improved range from the last record. While I don't think it's as good as "Hot Fuss", I still had a lot of fun with this!

Fav Tracks: When You Were Young, Sam's Town, Read My Mind, For Reasons Unknown, Bones, Why Do I Keep Counting?, The River Is Wild

Least Fav Track: My List

Score:
8.5
Exceptional
Saucelord777
Any album with When You Were Young is automatically a 70 or higher.
this album feels like a road trip. there's some exciting parts, some boring parts, and it all kind of jumbles into one at the end. some of these songs feel like they drag on and on, but for the most part they all serve a purpose. it's not much different from hot fuss, what with the synth and experimental sounds. the lyrics are also a big improvement from hot fuss. they're more mature: what you'd expect from a maturing band (cough weezer). this is a great album to listen to when you just want ... read more
SebastianWolf
Even with a few missteps, your visit to Sam's Town will be quite enjoyable. The Killers prove time and time again that they can make fun pop rock singles like no other band.
Z.Younk
When You Were Young is their all time best single as far as I'm concerned. One of the top five pop groups of the aughts. And a solid record all around.
Sam's Town doesn't deserve any other word than "perfect" when being described. Simply the greatest sophomore album ever made, also my favourite record of all time. Right after the global phenomena that was Hot Fuss, no one (i think) was expecting that The Killers were ever going to top it. However, in 2006, Sam's Town was released and completely destroyed their critically-acclaimed debut. What continues to impress me the most about this album is how fluid it is and how the band ... read more
StumpedWeaboo
One word...Perfection

Fav: When You Were Young, Sam's Town, For Reasons Unknown, Read My Mind, This River Is Wild, Exitlude, My List
Least Fav: Uncle Jonny
VinylFantasy
Sam’s Town is just a great album, you know? The Killers hone their identity as a band that slaps catchy pop hooks on a backdrop of heartland rock, and you can practically taste Las Vegas on the bright and vibrant soundscapes presented here. Highlights include the title track, the brilliantly upbeat and catchy Bones and For Reasons Unknown, and the soft pop track Read My Mind. It’s certainly not perfect, but damn is it an enjoyable listen.
rapmartin12
Stand-Out Tracks:
- When We Were young
- Read my Mind
Edgier, bolder and more mature than its predecessor, Sam's Town is often referred to as The Killers' greatest album. And while the sophomore album has some big shoes to fill, Brandon Flowers and company largely manage to deliver on this promise. There are less recognizable classics on this album, but the variation in sound and the overall darker tone is a welcome addition. Strongly influenced by post-punk and new wave, Sam's Town isn't an album to listen to in order to get in a good mood. It's ... read more
idkalexl
this album is underrated i'm not afraid to say it
JayCrackers
This album does get a lot of hate being compared to Bruce Springsteen and the influence is very obvious. However, what The Killers do with this sound is make an excellent, fun and amazing record and easily one of the most underrated albums due to it being overshadowed by The Killers debut "Hot Fuzz". But that should take nothing away from "Sam's Town". It is a fun journey and imo can stand up against thier debut as The killers' best album. A solid 9.
Really good album, this album has some of the best tracks by the killers, and what makes them even better it’s that they feel timeless.

Favorite tracks: For Reasons Unknown, Read My Mind, Bones, When You Were Young, Uncle Jonny, Sam’s Town, This River Is Wild, Why Do I Keep Counting?

Least Faves: My List
My first listen to this album was more fun than I can remember an inaugural listen being for an album. It's not particularly innovative or anything, but what it gets right are enthusiasm and catchiness.

Both come in spades.
plowo
i love that album so much
twwalter
The Killers have a knack for making songs to blend well with early 21st century America, and yet, make it timeless in retrospect. In 2006, post punk and new wave revivals was beginning to wane and yet, there was a sense of refreshment with the heartwarming beat that the Killers carved into their own.
dyelir
You have to give it to The Killers, nobody has put on a rock and roll face on better than they have this side of Is This It. Of course Sam's Town is often lagging because it's an album pigeonholed to a classic rock blueprint, one that is years been outdated and hard to replicate well. Although, the timeless track When You Were Young lets you know just what this band is capable of: making a solid rock song.
cwmDJ
bland uninspired 'commercial indie rock'

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia