Fit For An Autopsy - Oh What the Future Holds

Oh What the Future Holds

thiefofprose

I know. If you told me that twigs, Earl, and Mizmor were all dropping, but Fit For An Autopsy would be my favorite thing I heard today, I'd think you were out of your mind too.

JayCrackers

Fit for an Autopsy return in 2022 with their 6th studio album and a follow up to arguably their best record in 2019, The Sea of Tragic Beast, and it see the Deathcore band keep up their pace with an absolutely soul crushing release displaying nothing but pure aggressive and mixed with elements of prgressive metal for a more capitvating listen and the vocals still shredding my ears, Oh What the Future Holds is a well crafted Deathcore record with many amazing moments and cements it as one of the ... read more

Formidable77

Though Oh What The Future Holds isn't groundbreaking by any means and even a bit underwhelming in the first half, it's definitely one of the easier-to-listen deathcore records I've heard, and I would still recommend this album to anyone curious about the genre.

FAVORITE TRACKS: Conditional Healing, Collateral Damage, Savages
LEAST FAVORITE TRACK: Pandora

kolbetaylor

This is pretty damn good as far as recent Death Metal releases go. It doesn't do anything particularly new or inventive but it's still a really high quality record throughout. The blast beats on this are also nuts, the drum work as a whole really stands out.

NTTR

Fit for an Autopsy - Oh What the Future Holds

Genre: Deathcore
Country: US

Final Verdict: 60% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 25th / 55

8. Savages = 7,5💚
9. Conditional Healing = 8,0💚
10. The Man That I Was Not = 8,5💚⭐

IMPRESSÕES GERAIS

VOZ = normal de punk, berros e tals.

INSTRUMENTAL = ótimos, amo.

PRODUÇÃO = nada muito grandioso.

SONORIDADE = adoro punk mas não ... read more

Sharkbait50

This new Fit For An Autopsy album is chock full of crushing riffs and impressive drum fills, but the record is missing something that made their 2019 record “The Sea of Tragic Beasts” so enjoyable. The first half of this record in my opinion is rather bland for the most part, although containing all of the singles. It isn’t until you get to A Higher Level of Hate that things really start to pick up. The second half of the record is much more appealing, experimental, and well ... read more

MaceBlade42

January 2022 Reviews:

I generally like this as a good follow-up to their last album, but it does take a while to get going and it feels like there is less to chew on overall. It serves as a good counter to The Sea of Tragic Beasts and I can see good debate sparking up amongst fans which album is better. That said, I had a great time with this overall, especially the back half of tracks.

Rank 1st / 10

teajae

I mean I think it's pretty dawg on good!

Bahalibilis

This is the first 2022 release I've listened to so far and boy oh boy, what a great way to kick things off. Perfect blend of distorted and clean vocals.

Favorite tracks: Far from Heaven, A Higher Level of Hate, Savages
Least favorite tracks: Collateral Damage

Rumple

I give them credit for creativity but it's not enough to redeem this album.
It just feels like this was released because their label gave them a deadline.

jesuss712

No solo es tener el valor para hacer algo diferente, sino tener la habilidad de hacer sonar algo monótono como especial. El Deathcore sufre quizá una de las involuciones más deprimentes dentro del Metal en general, la cantidad de bandas cliché y que no hacen nada diferente causa que poco se apueste ahora mismo por este subgenero, es bello encontrar una banda que pueda romper dicho esquema y llevarlo a algo completamente entretenido e interesante.
Fit For An Autopsy ... read more

newage08

this cover reminds me of tinashe's new album

Asred7dreften

pretty nice

ThePepe07

Hell yeah! 2022 starts very heavy with "oh what the future holds" by Fit For An Autopsy.

The band is so freaking heavy mixing all influences like Djent, Hardcore and Death metal, Each track are very solid and fresh because the band try to take another horizons with the alternative metal ( so similar to Kin by Whitechapel)

Enjoy it, this album is excellent.

FFAA continues to release incredibly dope music and this new album is most likely their best yet. The breakdowns are phenomenal as well, and the one from "In Shadows" sounds like you're getting steamrolled. It's an exhilarating piece of metal and I recommend it to everyone who enjoys metal.

AOTY January Playlist