Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
The Dark Side of the Moon
I was born in the wrong generation
Tacorillaz

4. Breath
3. Us And Them
2. Brain Damage
1. Time

One of the most well-made and beautifully put together albums ever. Everything feels like it has a purpose, and every note adds to the melancholic atmosphere. Roger Waters is one of the best songwriters ever. His fantastic lyrics talk about the sad things we have to face in life, and that not only makes ... read more
charlie17
well produced, well performed, and well-executed concept album. Probably overrated, but that doesn't mean it's not exceptional
Sonically and conceptually, "The Dark Side of the Moon" is one of the greatest albums ever made. Everything about this album is detailed, rich, haunting, beautiful, fuck it! Every adjective! I want to go more into detail about this album, but that would spoil too much!

[Edit: I removed a point because, while I still see why this is regarded as one of the best albums ever made, it’s not one of my personal favorites. Still, I feel the same way about this album. Plz don’t ... read more
I still fail to see how I could get 2500 albums into my escapade into music without listening to what is perhaps the most iconic and widely praised album of all time.

I know so many people who consider this the greatest piece of modern music ever made and now I understand why. This album is just so magnificent in every way. I just listened to Spiderland and that album made me feel so dark and cold, but this album does the polar opposite. I felt like I was on top of the world by the time Great ... read more
Greatr
No room for improvement. Every second on this album is thoroughly enjoyable. This is a project I will always come back to. A true classic.
Solid

And as gorgeous as Dark Side may be, I was expecting something that would truly blow me away, thrust me into a different dimension, or a reason for me to call it "The greatest of all time".

Best: On The Run, Brain Damage, Eclipse

Weakest: Us and Them
YungNoodle
overrated, not even their best
naokaia
i'll be honest: although i loved listening to this, i still think its overhyped.
PreeMo
Tbh it's kinda a shame that this goes under the banner of prog...
MiaWatterson
Is kinda overrated but it's ok, I love it
Hawk_
[insert "I don't care if it's overrated I still love it" review here]
mz
the old reflected triangle.
Jesus, this is boring
Back_in
This album will take you through a journey that you will never forget
DalekTurret32
Speak to Me {IGNORING (for now), 87}
Breathe (In The Air) [98] (-)
On the Run [103]
Time [112]
The Great Gig In The Sky [105]
Money [113]
Us and Them [116] (+)
Any Colour You Like [105] (this synthesizer-heavy song sounded ahead of its time)
Brain Damage [104]
Eclipse [103]

Overall: [107]
dlspslb
Well-produced, sonically exceptional and cohesive, this albums is an instant classic and, although I find it kinda overrated cause there was better prog rock back then, you can't deny how rich this sounds.

Also, us and them is a 10/10
Overrated in terms of Pink Floyd's discography, but still amazingly recorded and produced, extremely textured and a very cohesive listen. Classic

Best Tracks:
Speak To Me/Breathe, Time, The Great Gig In The Sky, Money, Us and Them, Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, Eclipse
realphab
Um dos melhores, não digo que o melhor, mas The Dark Side Of The Moon já se tornou clássico atemporal. Your generation means nothing. E a luz que chega e refrata diz que a banda amadureceu (Torquato Neto já notava esse amadurecimento), importante para a música e para o que chamam progressive rock. É um álbum icônico e tal, não sei se tem o mesmo impacto que Wish You Were Here, nem se sabem o interpretar certo esses admiradores ... read more
lukassantiago3
The Pink Floy's most iconic album it's a undeniable timeless classic even not being the perfect one. But what make this album special and relevant is the singular trip and experience of carrying own atmospehre making the listenser submerse each track played. A album with need to be felt.
lucacdornelles
The artwork of this album is the most iconic of all time. Musically it is great, but there are two tracks that mess up this album: "Speak to Me" and "On the Run". Both aren't songs, so this didn't help me while forming a grade for "The Dark Side of the Moon".
RANKING THE SONGS:
4. Eclipse
3. Money
2. Breathe
Benny
good but not as great as WYWH
What is there to say that hasn't been said about Dark Side of the Goddamn Moon? It's a classic, in not only prog-rock, but it helped pioneer pretty much every genre known to man, creating one of the most unique listening experiences...possibly ever. Essential listening.

Favorite Jams: Us And Them, The Great Gig in The Sky, Brain Damage

Lest Favorite: On The Run
holyfishpaste
the great gig in the sky sounds like my mom when i don't do my chores

fave tracks: time, money, us & them, on the run, any colour you like
ZachLlor
The fuck... *orgasms*
raposa
I find it funny how this album completely blew me away the first time I listened to it. I spent days on it, in complete awe of how beautiful this piece of work was.
Today, after some years without listening to it I gave it a try. The enchantment was simply gone for some reason. I couldn't even finish it, to be honest. I just found it totally unappealing and boring and gave up halfway. No wonder this is considered one of the most friendly prog rock albums ever.
I still listen tirelessly to other ... read more
daFigz
Consistent with the artistic spark that ignited musicians, Pink Floyd [finally] broke free of the Jam Band strangle hold prevalent the worldwide. With the 'The Dark Side...' the band expands its artistic persona utilizing the studio to masterful effect. This LP remains an undeniable Progressive Rock classic. The global mainstream embraced it to such a high level of popularity it remains a truly laughable memory for in my 'coming of age' stage of life. To think the "Jocks" and ... read more
GPDmari
The best rock album ever, it puts you in a fucking trance that I will never forget
would have it higher but the laughs creep me out
MusicN
Best rock album (according to my numerical ranking haha). Extremely good and very important in music history.
Amazing---

Overrated and not their best.

Color: Blue
FAV TRACKS: Us and Them, Brain Damage, Time, Breathe
ItsJustArcherr
Honestly, I went into this thing thinking I'd probably find it pretentious.

Boy, was I wrong.
nullsethope
Every time I hear the Great Gig in the Sky I can’t help but shiver and feel so weird and fuzzy. I don’t visit this album often, but when I do, it feels so renewing.

(+)
-transitions
-a majority of the songs are (except On the Run and Any Color You Like) fantastic
-the concept
-The Great Gig in the Sky
(-)
-interludes are boring
-replayability value isn’t that high as much anymore for me
-money used to be good but sounds stale now
ChukPizel
So I am listening and reviewing these albums for a school project, which is why I am caring now, but other from that this is my first album I heard from them so far. This was a haunting experience that does have this grand presentation of a galaxy. I know this has aged a lot, but this album still blows my mind how these kinds of sounds even existed in the early 1970's man. Who other from Throbbing Gristle made music like this that would lead to influence many.
As considered the most iconic album of all time. I have to give the rating it's best
eliiiiiiii
Perfectly crafted musically and lyrically.
The instrumentations are hauting and beautiful, the lyrics on this on album talk about the different sides of human personality in such a magnificent way.
Even the purely instrumental tracks are great, they don't seem like filler at all, they perfectly fit inside the album thematic and they help to build that perfect atmosphere that the whole album has.
hmj
genius
It is pretty cliche, even perceived laziness to hail this as an amazing album, but why would it be called anything else? Probably my favourite album of all time, I listen to this thing at leat once or twice a month. Beautiful from back to front, the album encapsulates everything that makes Pink Floyd's music so brilliant, transcending progressive rock into a universal odyssey of sound and genius. For me, it strikes the perfect balance between experimental ambition and grounded accessibility, ... read more
The random assortment of noises make me fall asleep and the silence of the first song is puzzling. What's in between these gimmicky things is actually somewhat okay but overall this is quite sleepy. I spent a long time trying to figure out what the fuss is about and I never found it. I don't get it.
I'm actually surprised I managed to get this far in life without hearing anything from an album as highly praised as this, but I am definitely glad that I finally got around to listening to it.
To be honest, the first three tracks didn't really impress me. The following seven, however, I thought were really great, with quite a few of them being amazing. Really, my biggest problem with this album is that I feel like it was over-hyped for me. I keep hearing about how this is one of the greatest ... read more
ivansakharov
overrated as hell
MaxAutunno
fuck everything i said this is an ethereal album
APOLONICA
Original Score: 100/100

BY GOD THIS IS VERY GOOD. The album that marked a before and after in the career of Pink Floyd, I could hear more than a thousand times and I would not get tired of the melodies that go through each song and each moment. Experimentation is what he earns on this record and despite the fact that at the first moment I heard it, music became rare, and finally I understood the concept and the album in general. 10000% recommended, I know some may not like this music but ... read more
There's a reason why a cliché becomes a cliché. Pink Floyd's seminal album The Dark Side Of The Moon is to rock what Miles Davis' Kind Of Blue is to jazz - perhaps not a perennial hipster favorite or crowd pleasure, but inexorably embedded into the DNA of all rock music to follow, joining hands with the likes of Radiohead's OK Computer and The Velvet Underground's The Velvet Underground and Nico. It's rich sonic textures and moody atmosphere well compliment the introspective (if a ... read more
This is a nearly perfect album. I do not know how to explain this album. The Song 'The Great Gig in the sky' is one of my favorite songs of all time. The only song I do not like as much as the other 8 songs is the last song 'Brain Damage'.

Recommend this to everybody.
zeltyy
I understand there are better Pink Floyd albums, but this album alone is legendary.
Rasheedgames
This will forever be one of my favorite albums. Each track flows amazingly into the next and the production is just eargasm inducing. I love this album. Truly tied with Wish You Were Here as their best album in my honest opinion. I feel like this album must be listened to front to end without skips. There is truly no track on here that I dislike.

Fav Tracks: All of them
Least Fav Track: None
IvoBraga
Overrated, but still a pretty good album and a classic.
Personal Track Order:

8. Any Colour You Like
9. Speak To Me
10. On The Run
Jellyfish
This is the 20th century's Ode to Joy.

Flume - Hi This Is Flume