Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
The Dark Side of the Moon
Tielur
Don't worry kid, you're 15 and think this is deep but wait until you listen to Xiu Xiu.
CameronPilgrim
Any Colour You Like - 7.7/10
Brain Damage - 7.7/10
Eclipse - 8/10
GPDmari
The best rock album ever, it puts you in a fucking trance that I will never forget
would have it higher but the laughs creep me out
MusicN
Best rock album (according to my numerical ranking haha). Extremely good and very important in music history.
Great

Overrated and not their best.

Color: Blue
FAV TRACKS: Us and Them, Brain Damage, Time, Breathe, Money
LEAST FAV: On The Run
ItsJustArcherr
Honestly, I went into this thing thinking I'd probably find it pretentious.

Boy, was I wrong.
ChukPizel
So I am listening and reviewing these albums for a school project, which is why I am caring now, but other from that this is my first album I heard from them so far. This was a haunting experience that does have this grand presentation of a galaxy. I know this has aged a lot, but this album still blows my mind how these kinds of sounds even existed in the early 1970's man. Who other from Throbbing Gristle made music like this that would lead to influence many.
As considered the most iconic album of all time. I have to give the rating it's best
It is pretty cliche, even perceived laziness to hail this as an amazing album, but why would it be called anything else? Probably my favourite album of all time, I listen to this thing at leat once or twice a month. Beautiful from back to front, the album encapsulates everything that makes Pink Floyd's music so brilliant, transcending progressive rock into a universal odyssey of sound and genius. For me, it strikes the perfect balance between experimental ambition and grounded accessibility, ... read more
I find myself nearly falling asleep to the random assortment of noises throughout this album which are somehow classified as music. What's in between is actually pretty good. I spent a long time trying to figure out what the fuss is about and I never found it.
I'm actually surprised I managed to get this far in life without hearing anything from an album as highly praised as this, but I am definitely glad that I finally got around to listening to it.
To be honest, the first three tracks didn't really impress me. The following seven, however, I thought were really great, with quite a few of them being amazing. Really, my biggest problem with this album is that I feel like it was over-hyped for me. I keep hearing about how this is one of the greatest ... read more
ivansakharov
overrated as hell
APOLONICA
Original Score: 100/100

BY GOD THIS IS VERY GOOD. The album that marked a before and after in the career of Pink Floyd, I could hear more than a thousand times and I would not get tired of the melodies that go through each song and each moment. Experimentation is what he earns on this record and despite the fact that at the first moment I heard it, music became rare, and finally I understood the concept and the album in general. 10000% recommended, I know some may not like this music but ... read more
There's a reason why a cliché becomes a cliché. Pink Floyd's seminal album The Dark Side Of The Moon is to rock what Miles Davis' Kind Of Blue is to jazz - perhaps not a perennial hipster favorite or crowd pleasure, but inexorably embedded into the DNA of all rock music to follow, joining hands with the likes of Radiohead's OK Computer and The Velvet Underground's The Velvet Underground and Nico. It's rich sonic textures and moody atmosphere well compliment the introspective (if a ... read more
okcomputer12127
This is a nearly perfect album. I do not know how to explain this album. The Song 'The Great Gig in the sky' is one of my favorite songs of all time. The only song I do not like as much as the other 8 songs is the last song 'Brain Damage'.

Recommend this to everybody.
zeltyy
I understand there are better Pink Floyd albums, but this album alone is legendary.
Rasheedgames
This will forever be one of my favorite albums. Each track flows amazingly into the next and the production is just eargasm inducing. I love this album. Truly tied with Wish You Were Here as their best album in my honest opinion. I feel like this album must be listened to front to end without skips. There is truly no track on here that I dislike.

Fav Tracks: All of them

8. Any Colour You Like
9. Speak To Me
10. On The Run
Jellyfish
This is the 20th century's Ode to Joy.
ricardomcr
Overplayed doesn't mean overrated.
I would say this is their more accomplished work. It is paced extremely well, flows like an unninterrupted experience but each song still shines own its own merits, incorporates different instrumental elements with expert precision to craft diverse moods while staying centered in the overall theme of ephemerality and mortality.

GO LISTEN TO: Us and Them.
dingdongdope420
Floyd’s best and one of the best (if not THE best) of all time. The sound is incredible, the vocals are great and the lyrics are insightful. In short, it gets everything as close to perfect as we’ll probably ever see. A must-listen for absolutely anyone.

Favourite Track: Time
Least Favourite Track: On the Run (if I had to pick)
lucasmac190
The. Best. Album. Of. All. Time.

Seriously, this is my favorite album. All songs are just so clever and well written, and most importantly, extremely relevant to this day. The album addresses common problems in life in such an amazing way, it's just insane. I understand many people find this album overrated, but it's not. The people who say this are just those that hate everything that's been mainstream for a too long of a time. Incredible album.
gas_souza
Brain Damage - 100
Eclipse - 100

Destaques: Time, Money e Us and Them
Praesent
An album that completely snowballed in popularity, like Nirvana's Nevermind or Radiohead's OK Computer
SoundAura
If you haven’t listened to this record, it is about time you give it a shot. It is one of the most recognizable and genre-defining albums ever made and for good reason. Pink Floyd lays it all out on the table here and although they don’t always hit their mark, most of it sounds enchanting and beautiful.
Mawpy
will probably grow on me
The Dark Side of the Moon may not be Pink Floyd’s best, I may believe it to be overrated, I may believe it to not even be a top three album in their discography. But holy crap it’s still a great album. Lyrically great, instrumentally great, strong performances, revolutionary at the time of release, and obviously that it still holds up today.
PurpleHAZE
This is simply amazing
The production on this album is astoundingly masterful. The musicianship is unbeatable. The flow of this album is damn near perfect. There's a lot to love about this timeless album, and there are a number of reasons it is regarded as highly as it is. This isn't one to take in passively, this is one that deserves your attention.

Favorite track: Time
ryanoat
Okay yes TECHNICALLY this album is pretty great. The individual songs are very well put together and I can see how it would be revolutionary. But together? I don't know, I've never really finished this album in one go. Why? Well, I hate to say this, but it's a bit boring. When I sit down to properly listen to this I always feel tired during Money for whatever reason and can never make it past Us and Them. Maybe one day it'll click with me and I'll be able to finish it in one sitting.

Best ... read more
BillKeys
Animals is better.
Carlosbarbosa00
One of the most well-made and beautifully album EVER this album is just unbelievable PURE perfection
Pal
The best prog rock albums ever made. It's also the perfect album to get people into music imo.
Pink Floyd are legends, and listening to this album is probably one of the best ideas a person can have, it reminds us of what Rock used to be and what is now, it reminds us that we mainly listen to albums and not just songs, it reminds us that every album tells a story, not just single songs on their own, but that their all connected, overall the album is amazing. 100/100
Cyan
Overrated
MacPhisto
Es innegable que es uno de sus mejores álbumes. Funciona como la consolidación máxima, no solo de Pink Floyd como una de las bandas más consistentes del siglo XX, sino también del género de la psicodelia en la concepción con la que se conoce a día de hoy.
Good, but incredibly overrated.
THICCBOI
This shit is a ride
soqquadro
Great record, not their best
Mr_Smiles
you guys overrate this album as fuck
rika_
this is fine

fav tracks: money, time, the great gig in the sky, eclipse
least fav track: ???
aldebaran_5
Beautiful in all aspects, it's like Pink Floyd builded an entire dynamic universe using their music. Hard to put this on words, sometimes albums can't be described but felt.
TheBravesDH
Tremendously overrated. Might not even be a top 5 Pink album.
I'm going to sound like a normie.

This album is beyond words. I grew up listening to this album. I don't even need to explain how good it is.

Fav tracks: Time, Money, Us and Them
Least fav track: NONE
Saucelord777
Sorry, I don't like prog.
Porkchop0212
This album redefined music as we know it. Dark Side of the Moon simply changed music. Amazing.

▲ = Speak To Me/Breathe, Time, Great Gig In The Sky, Money, Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, Eclipse
▬ = On The Run

2. Time
1. Any Colour You Like
CheapandLethal
Decent
doing acid while listening to this album made me cry
nana