Shearwater - Jet Plane and Oxbow
Jet Plane and Oxbow
I keep seeing people compare and contrast Shearwater with bands like Iron & Wine and Calexico...and while I understand it, I don't agree. The remind me of no one more than Marillion in the Steve Hogarth era, especially after Marbles. This album is a kind of folk-rock/neo-progressive sound that I haven't heard as much of of late, and I really like it. It is quieter than a lot of its near peers and feels more considered.
Catitude40
nice I like it; the rythum
JulianGomez974
This is the first time an album has made me wonder if I was listening to one band or a compilation of different artists. Like what the hell?! Shearwater go from indie rock to alternative country and then to some pseudo-dream pop, I couldn't tell what is the signature of this band or what should their sound be like. All I know is that I found myself really bored with 3/4 of the tracks, they aren't compelling nor exciting just plain. This was a disaster.

Fav tracks: Filaments.
Least fav track: ... read more
If you like Pink Floyd's Division Bell, this reminds me of a slightly edgier continuation of that sound without the guitar solos. Something about it keeps me coming back, though. Radio Silence and Filaments are my picks.
nostar
I like certain parts of this album but just can't seem to fall in love with it. Maybe requires more listens.
Sounds like folksy, 90's rock.

Lil Dicky - Earth