Dark Funeral return to release their brand new record, We Are The Apocalypse, proving once again that nobody can do Dark Funeral as well as Dark Funeral and a hundred other black metal bands like them can.

Dark Funeral are very much like the AC/DC or Korn of black metal; they know their sound. They know it well. The understand their genre well. They understand well what the fans of said genre are looking for. So why deviate from the norm? They can just make the same low-effort redundant stuff ... read more

their_nickname

Dark Funeral are not a band I typically hype. However, with this new release they are blending sounds of black and roll a la Tribulation and the results are a resounding success. Dare I say these songs are downright catchy for black metal, with the dynamic shifts showing a band well acquainted with their style but willing to add just enough spice to get a stew going. Also, holy crap I can hear the bass and it's great. I know purists will say this isn't kvlt enough, but they can run naked ... read more

MaceBlade42

March 2022 Reviews:

I figured I'd try a BM album this month and my choice was mediocre this time around. It just kinda feels like a repetitive assault of the same sounds for 43 minutes and it lacks any real sense of progression between tracks. There are sections that are good, but not enough to really keep me engaged.

Rank 38th / 44

GiorgioMotorola

i think this album is neat! 😀

titilovespizza

Nightfall (9)
Let the Devil In (10)
When Our Vengeance Is Done (9)
Nosferatu (9)
When I'm Gone (7)
Beyond the Grave (10)
A Beast to Praise (9)
Leviathan (8)
We Are the Apocalypse (7)

SirReginald

In which Dark Funeral discovers the secret to getting my ADHD having ass to enjoy a, by all measures, incredibly generic black metal record - just make it so it goes fast the whole time. What everyone else is saying about the mixing is completely correct, the drums and vocals are mixed too loudly. For the life of me though I just can't bring myself to care.

Verdict: Recommended for fans of the style

OvidiuPop

(5/18/2022)
8. Originality: The production it's really loud and a bit catchy but awsome without a doubt, the lyricsa are really interesting but I was looking for motifs, themes or ideas that are separating this album from the others from the genre, end there is little to none. Pretty forgettable (50) on this chapter.

Flexreviews

This album is so generic, uninteresting and poorly put together you could actually consider it an accomplishment.

Existe centenas de bandas de black metal com trabalhos iguais a esse

fdaners

Um álbum que inicia e fecha de forma espetacular, e que tem músicas legais no meio. No todo é uma ótima sonoridade, mais melódico que o anterior e foi um dos que mais retornei pra ouvir esse ano. Um ótima volta após os 6 anos sem lançamentos e certeza que pelo menos umas 4 faixas vão ser constantes nos setlists da banda a partir daqui.

Bludfhart

After six years Dark Funeral return with a follow up to the last record, of which I considered to be quite possibly their best work at the time. While this album has all the elements that make up their great sound (sick riffs, blisteringly fast drums, savage rasps), I can't help but feel it's a bit safer than I'd hoped considering the long interim. Not a whole lot of new here, but none that is necessarily bad. Let The Devil In and When I'm Gone are definite highlights, but I just don't feel any ... read more

NTTR

Dark Funeral - We Are The Apocalypse

Genre: Black Metal
Country: Sweden

Final Verdict: 59% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 177th / 290

Highlight: When I'm Gone

Made me think of:
Watain
Satyricon
Gorgoroth

Not a fan

Skrodda

We Are The Apocalypse - the culmination of the beginning of the year; it lives up to and exceeds my expectations, a follow-up to its predecessor, Where Shadows Forever Reign. Worth a listen if you're a casual fan of the genre.

Ferenc

Me ha parecido fascinante que le entendí a la mayoría de las letras. No me sonaron a perros peleando sino claramente se entendía lo que decía. Kudos!

JamesHarro

I've never truly been a fan of black metal, usually listening to symphonic black metal bands like Dimmu Borgir but I thought given the critical reviews were so good I thought i'd give it a listen. It is safe to say I was not this a point this was brilliant throughout though some tracks my not be at the same level as the best tracks but they don't dip much. Overall a fantastic album that I feel will be towards the my top rated albums of 2022 by the end of the year.

LucasLannister

Demoledor. Apabullante. Dark Funeral nunca me ha defraudado y después de varios años volvió a entregar otro disco increible. Es de esos que querés volver a darle play ni bien termina.

toksick