KAYTRANADA - Intimidated

Intimidated

PelicanManners
Came for the Mach-Hommy track, stayed for H.E.R. Thundercat didn’t do his instrumental justice, his song felt too poppy and quite soulless. While i liked the H.E.R. track, i truly doubt i’ll be returning to it. The same goes for the last song. Mach was as smooth as butter and fit the beat perfectly. But it just didn’t do that much for me. I’d love to see a full length collaboration between Mach and KAYTRANADA in the future though.

Favourite Tracks: Intimidated, ... read more
heavenlyxbn
To be honest, I'm not very fond of KAYTRANADA's music, but I wanted to give this little EP a shot.

3 short songs make this EP quite pleasant to listen to, H.E.R., Thundercat and Mach-Hommy I like them on the songs and vocally they sound good, making these songs catchy.

Favorite tracks: Intimidated, Be Careful,

Least favorite: $payforhaiti.
KezeOfficial
mach hommy x kaytranada tape immediately
swifty30
fresh sounds i like it
probably should listen to 99%

[TOP 3]
- $payforhaiti (feat. Mach-Hommy) -
- Intimidated (feat. H.E.R.) -
- Be Careful (feat. Thundercat) -
Rollo_P
This legit could've been one of my favorite EPs ever if it wasn't for that Thundercat track. H.E.R. was so damn pretty on the title track, and Mach-Hommy whipped out a level of groove and buttery-smooth delivery that could make a coked-out rollerblader blush. But Thundercat's style felt a bit off, maybe a bit too sterile? I'm not sure, but two really good tracks with one okay one in the middle isn't too bad!
gopxity
Nothing too new or groundbreaking for KAYTRA, but three great songs to add to his very consistent discography. Interested to see where he takes the sound of his next LP. The first track is my favorite here.
humm1ng_b1rd
'Intimidated', para mim, serviu-o para nada. Não acrescenta e ameaça a diminuir a discografia de Louis, vulgo KAYTRANADA. Por mais que não venha a deixar alguma marca, por falta de tentativa não foi.

Em seu mais novo EP, Louis aposta numa sonoridade mais orgânica, num verniz que lembra um pouco (em certos aspectos) afrobeat, ou até mesmo o house feito à algumas décadas atrás. Porém, mesmo que tiverá apostado bem na ... read more
Z.Younk
Thundercat and HER do their thing, but Mach-Hommy is the one here who really holds the MVP title. It would be interesting to her their other unreleased collaborations.
diegocuevas5240
oh WWWWW
TurtwigsTaste
First Impressions

Never heard KAYTRANADA and was curious by the reviews. From the songs on the EP I'm rather impressed at his producing as that first track was gorgeous all the way through. 2nd track I really enjoyed even if I'm a bit annoyed by the crackling. Thundercats singing was great and is what kept me interested and vibing to the song. $PayForHaiti is overall just perfection. to the vocals and production, I loved everything sonically here even if I couldn't understand it. This EP that ... read more
EJCDance01
I've loved Kaytranada growing up, I discovered his music as a teenager when I was taking streetdance classes. This led me to the wormhole of YouTube where I discovered all his remixes of tracks like Missy Elliott's 'Sock It 2 Me', Jill Scott's 'Golden' and Janet Jackson's 'If'. From there I got addicted and pretty much listened to anything he would remix or go on to release. He's really grown as a producer and it's insane when I see just how many ambitious features he's getting now. Kaytranada ... read more
thesauceseattle
I appreciate how short and concise this EP is. Also, "Intimidated" is not to be slept on - this song SLAPS 👌
TheCarioca
Intimidated (feat. H.E.R.) - 4/5
Be Careful (feat. Thundercat) - 3/5
$PayForHaiti (feat. Mach-Hommy) - 5/5 ❤
prets
be careful <3
Hayden7575
H.E.R.’s dreamy vocals and a steady groove makes the opening title track of ‘Intimidated’ a smooth R&B offering. “Be Careful” just sounds like a solid Thundercat track, with a more subtle but just as soothing level of funk. The final track “$payforhaiti” feels spiritual, as Mach-Hommy raps in his natuve language over another chilled out beat.

Kaytranada does bring a uniformity to this short EP within its production. However, these tracks feel more ... read more
TheRestOfEden
Short EP, but the quality of his production is always incredible.
AntCobra
I am slightly disappointed
Unoriginal
Why is electronic one of the only genres that has EPs often? Anyways this is pretty good.

Intimidated (feat. H.E.R.): 67
Be Careful (feat. Thundercat): 83
$PayForHaiti (feat. Mach-Hommy): 87
Kadeybabes
I think I always expect to really enjoy Kaytranada's music because it's really up my alley, but it's always serviceable at best

With this though, the featured artists didn't really bring much to the table for the production (except for Mach-Hommy, which unfortunately for this project I am not the biggest fan of)

Can't help but feel that this EP is specifically just MORE Kaytranada, at least that's what I get from it
NassiriSam98
KAYTRANADA struck gold with that Mach-Hommy collab
murderousmonk
H.E.R. was angelic, Thundercat was fun, groovy, and memorable, and this is the poppiest I've ever heard from Mach, if only I spoke Haitian. Only Intimidated was the best song that I felt I'd actually return to often, but it does give me hope that if Kaytranada can make Mach sound this good & groovy then I have high hopes for how Freddie Gibbs will sound with the production from Kay that he teased. But for a quick 3 pc EP, it surely doesn't have enough highlights that would warrant a ... read more
caurinox
Não sabia que precisava de H.E.R e KAYTRANADA esse ano, mas agora não posso viver mais sem.

Intimidated (feat. H.E.R.) - 9,3
Be Careful (feat. Thundercat) - 8,5
$PayForHaiti (feat. Mach-Hommy) - 8,2
Tigre
big man ting
Payamux
Not as powerful as his previous work
Jolanmersseman
Mach Hommy really spit an impressive verse on the last track, which is probably the best one on here too.

Arca - KICK ii