Blood Red Shoes - Ghosts On Tape

Ghosts On Tape

NO NUANCE REVIEW

It’s like Health and Nine Inch Nails for the people who don’t think they’re accessible enough. It’s a good sound for them, hopefully they’ll elevate it further.

NTTR

Blood Red Shoes - Ghosts on Tape

Genre: Indie Rock
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 55% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 34th / 48

11. I LOSE WHATEVER I OWN = 7,5๐Ÿ’š
12. (what have you been waiting for) = 7,5๐Ÿ’š
13. FOUR TWO SEVEN = 7,0๐Ÿ’š

IMPRESSÕES GERAIS

VOZ = boas, mas nada demais.

INSTRUMENTAL = muito bons.

PRODUÇÃO = bem ... read more

FatalNoise

BRS we’re a superb homemade noisy indie punk band that got me through shit with their 2008 debut, Box of Secrets, getting features in Scott Pilgrim.
Ever since, I felt like works have gone downhill, becoming over produced and unoriginal with time. This disappointment peaked with get tragic that just felt so unneeded by how awfully derivative and boring they made indie rock, an already over saturated genre. I was expecting things at that level for this release but was pleasantly surprised! ... read more

DemaCalling96

Wait, people aren't liking this that much either??? I get why this sound wouldn't appeal to most, but I think it kind of works for me. But this record does have its faults; it reminds me a lot of other bands. Like, you're telling me that wasn't Shirley Manson singing???

Favorites: COMPLY, MORBID FASCINATION, GIVE UP, I AM NOT YOU, I LOSE WHATEVER I OWN

Least Favs: SUCKER, BEGGING

dustymoth

Bit of a strange direction for them, they seem to channelling Garbage and NIN at some points. I think I kinda liked it.

PaulyZ

COMPLY (7.7)
MORBID FASCINATION (7.5)
MURDER ME (7.3)
(i've been watching you) / GIVE UP (7.4)
SUCKER (7.3)
BEGGING (7.0)
(you claim to understand) / I AM NOT YOU (6.8)
DIG A HOLE (7.3)
I LOSE WHATEVER I OWN (what have you been waiting for) (7.2)
FOUR TWO SEVEN (7.2)

jinsushie

Letras muito boas, pancadão interessante. Isso em uma caixa de som fodida tomando uns drinks é altamente recomendável. Um grande achado.

MaceBlade42

January 2022 Reviews:

I haven't heard this band in a while and I'd say this effort was an attempt to do something original that doesn't quite pay off. It drags on a bit too long, gets a bit too vibey, and doesn't really have cohesive themes between tracks. The last few tracks make up a little bit for the effort, but not enough to save the whole project.

Rank 12th / 13

TryBananaPants

HEALTH - metal + indie rock

I really dig it. There’s not much new ground being tread here, but the production creates a really solid industrial pop atmosphere. And it manages to be not completely predictable. The sound varies just enough from track to track to stay pretty engaging through the whole runtime.

Favorite tracks: MORBID FASCINATION, GIVE UP, SUCKER, I LOSE WHATEVER I OWN

RedFlannelGuy

This album is kind of somewhere in between mediocre and okay, I guess? I don't know, I don't really have much to say about this. It's just pretty derivative and boring outside of a couple tracks. Also, I want to point out the interludes just suck, they add nothing to the album and don't feel necessary either

Fav tracks: MURDER ME, I LOSE WHATEVER I OWN

Worst track (outside of the interludes): BEGGING

Viniy

O disco possui uma camada bem espessa de musicas extremamente inexpressivas entre a faixa 3 e a faixa 10, onde eu me sinto absolutamente perdido entre melodias fracas e letras amenas que se esforçam demais para representar o quase nada que perpetua no album.

Fav Tracks:
I AM NOT YOU

Ferenc

Que puta perra forma de iniciar el disco, COMPLY es un pedazo de track que va escalando hasta llegar a una locura de distorsión, le sigue MORBID FASCINATION que continua ese sonido rudo, pesado pero sin que se convierta en sonido de nicho y así todo el disco con otros track igual de brutales como GIVE UP o DIG A HOLE pero tampoco sin olvidar que existe Laura-Mary Carter para algunos tracks más calmados.

En anteriores entrevistas, el duo de Brighton con más de diez ... read more

LucasLannister

Notas al 14/1: No creo que vuelva a escuchar este disco. Un ejercicio de nostalgia para con su propia música. Sonar igual que hace 10 años en estos casos no es un elogio. Me había gustado bastante más la vuelta anterior.

Taký príjemný pop- rockový album.

AOTY January Playlist