KMD - Mr. Hood
Mr. Hood
HoodieBraden
I sorta have some mixed feelings on this record. There are just as many great tracks as there are lackluster tracks. The whole project comes off as a little bit of both. Not to mention that the runtime is unnecessarily long. Despite that though, Mr. Hood is a good representation of the early days of hip-hop.
znorth3
After listening to this album I would like to declare that I am officially an old head.
JAZZYCHIEF
Yeaaahhhh you can tell this is Doom and Co in there learning phase, This album doesn't really stick out in comparison to most of what was being released in the early 90’s, its pretty basic, and a lot of these songs also blend together, like sometimes I would check how much longer a song was just to be surprised I was on the next track. Another thing that annoyed me quite a bit was that a lot of these tracks are just brought to a screeching halt with some random unnecessary skit, these ... read more
HHGA
KMD was a group closely affiliated with 3rd Bass (as they made their first appearance on 3rd Bass’ Gas Face track). Production-wise this album is quite unique and creative (if not a bit messy); lyrically they infused black consciousness and comedy in an interesting way. Who knows where KMD would have gone if their second album hadn’t got shelved and if SubRoc hadn’t died tragically. As it was, SubRoc’s brother Zev Love X dropped out of the Hip Hop scene for a while, only ... read more
Absolute_Madman
This is a very sample based album, which would later become a staple of Dumile's work. That said, nothing else on this album really sounds like DOOM. This album is very much a relic of its time, but it's still an enjoyable album. It could have been a lot shorter, though.

6.5/10

Best Track(s): Humrush, Nitty Gritty, Peachfuzz
Worst Track: Boy Who Cried Wolf
Fav Tracks: Nitty Gritty
Zev Love X isn't close to what he'll achieve later in his legendary career, but he and Sub Roc have a whole lot of fun on here. The sample-based production is a staple of DOOM's career that first pops up here. A must-listen for anyone going through Daniel Dumile's discography.
noonoo97
fuck of ALLMUSIC im sick of your shit reviews you dont know anything you dicks. This is an ok album the beginning of something special. Marked down because to many tracks needs more quality over quantity.

Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death