Weezer - SZNZ: Summer
Raiksheen

Meh

It's okay, as okay as their last EP; Great closing track btw

yognak

Favorite Track : Lawn Chair

Least Favorite Track : What’s The Good Of Being Good

AnalVape

I don't care.

I just do not care.

It's an EP.

Weezer has recorded an EP.

That's it.

That's the review.

meh: every song

Snakeman

Some more catchy, harmless and forgettable songs

willowsfields

I love fun Weezer, I've always been a huge defender of their music specifically when their met with harsh criticism that is, in my opinion, mostly undeserved. I really liked Van Weezer, I really liked their previous SZNZ EP Spring, with that being said, Summer feels like a rather underwhelming effort. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good instrumentals, good vocal performances, etc. but it's like... nothing new or exciting for Weezer? Even the lyrics here which usually strike me as being ... read more

Saddoc

Album Summer
Day: 21
Album #: 4
Theme: New Album

Oh yeah, Weezer on Broadway baby!

Wait. Hold on. Weezer is good again? Wow. Like, really good.

Lawn Chair - 8
Thank You and Good Night - 8.5

Favorites - Thank You and Good Night, What’s The Good of Being Good
Least Favorites: Cuomoville

Swoogles

I really am tired of hearing Cuomo's vocals and the goofiness of Weezer has gotten old, maybe I'm a bitter fan of their old work though.

alexw15

Lawn chair and records are fine. Nothing interesting or great about it. I actually liked the start of blue like jazz but the chorus is really bad. The rest of the album feels forced and boring. The end of thank you and good night is actually a banger though.

DoomPodcast21

I would say it is better than spring but it isn't really saying much but I did like a few tracks on this

jaketyler

You know what? It's a pretty decent EP. I'm not gonna rate it or anything, since I don't get any big reward from a project just over 20 minutes. But, it's safe to say that the world's most inconsistent band has returned to form... until the next EP. I had a really fun listen overall, it's fun and fairly corny - all I could ever ask from weezer - and it truly does radiate some white album vibes. Records is arguably one of my favourites since Ok Human.

nino21321312312

this is a lot better that SZNZ: Spring ep, but still i dont feel weezers and i still think they have pretty bad and sometimes annoying production and pretty mid instumentals and vocalist with predictible and corny lyrics.

TheCarioca

Lawn Chair (44)
Records (39)
Blue Like Jazz (20)
The Opposite Of Me (35)
What's The Good Of Being Good (47)
Cuomoville (34)

Voltar ao passado é uma artimanha barata e nada eficaz, e com essa onda de Pop/Punk que não tem nada de Punk, Weezer quer surfar intensamente na onda, e consegue soar pior que a maioria de artistas que simplesmente surgiram quando pegou essa moda novamente, é completamente energia e pobre os refrões, e não ... read more

I personally looked at this album and after what I listened in Spring I didn't expect a musical revolution or something like that. But I think this is great man... I think that the songs had a sort of unique mood and good feeling, the use of instruments is great for my mind and as far as I'm concerned this is a lor better than spring. Just hope they come up with some new ideas and manage to do something even better with Fall... That's it.

STW

Summer is always the best season and Weezer does it justice as this is levels ahead of Spring EP

Lawn Chair- 4.1/10- The instrumental doesn't have enough pace for me and the big distortion of the chorus feels off. The strings are also underwhelming.

Records- 7.2/10- Improved vocal performance, more support throughout the instrumental and the record scratches before the chorus was a very nice inclusion.

Blue Like Jazz- 4.7/10- How to be cool: Have an instrumental as good as this and don't let Cuomo sing over it.

The Opposite Of Me- 5.0/10- I just want to give up now. This had so much ... read more

CamTaro_

Definitely quite a bit better than the Spring EP. It certainly is a unique talent of theirs to be so consistently hit or miss

Bello

Summer always rocks

6degrees

okay

ThatGuyAgain

not bad Weezer. it's a lot more fun than Spring, and in turn it's easier to get invested in. i had a lot more fun with this than I did with the Spring ep. very curious to see how the rest of these eps shape out!

Videotapes99

A decent follow up to the just ok Spring. I hope the best is still to come though.

SnowyFighter

Another season, another Weezer

Well I didn’t have much hope after the spring EP and going into this I was expecting nothing that interesting. I can tell you right now, this is for sure better than the spring EP but not by much. There are some actual decent moments on this album but they are surrounded by some duds. Thank You and Good Night is actually a pretty cool song. I still don’t like Cuomo’s voice that much though. Records is kind of catchy but still kinda bland. Lawn ... read more

waiuwigi

How did we make it from "shakespeare makes me happy" to this classic Weezer? Not complaining but definitely unexpected.

Favourite Track: Thank You and Good Night