Weezer - SZNZ: Autumn
Dillicicle

Weezer yet again disappoints with this Halloween?) esque album that has some of the worst instrumentals and vocals out of every SZNZ EP ill give it slack cause it's very different in terms of Weezer sound but it's not good.

You may be wondering why I’m rating this EP so high, but the lows of Autumn are just under the highs of Summer, an EP which I already think is really good!

Wolf_Ceunen

Well I guess Weezer is still doing this. For their third SZNS EP, they chose questionable songs that sound very familiar, yet I can't figure out what they remind me of. Most songs are pretty forgettable and sound like some quickly recorded snippets, that fans will talk about in five years being 'underrated gems'.

The real question is once again: did I enjoy myself?
OH BOY I DID! The lyrics are really weird and all over the place and the songs are all over the place. 'Can't Dance, Don't Ask ... read more

muteD70172

*Insert obligatory Weezer fall-ing off joke here*

The 3rd installment of Weezer's SZNZ is Autumn, and I feel pretty much the same way about it as the other 2 EPs as a whole. The EP starts off with Can't Dance, Don't Ask Me, which in its starting moments feels like a re-tread of Summer musically. It's a decent and upbeat opener, but has a chorus that feels like the lyrics were shoved together with little space. The bridge does get a little interesting, taking a slower approach and acknowledging ... read more

Jonas0

meh

Deton

A cada lançamento mais interessante, poderia ser BEM pior, mas cá estamos. Weezer sendo Weezer e surpreendendo seja de modo positivo ou seja de modo negativo.

tommy_lindsey

Wow...this is some of the corniest and least impressive music I have heard all year. Not sure what the hell the point was of making these 4 EPs in 1 year for each season. Autumn doesn't even remind me of the season like the first two EPs kind of did. Overall its a huge mess in my opinion.

RadicalRanga

yeah it's good but it's not amazing

Kubbo

Weezer is still Weezer as they make Weezer-esque music with maybe a slight adjustment in sound for the seasons-gimmick. With these recent Weezer albums (outside of OK human) it's just a question of how many of the songs do something slightly unique and with this album it's a strong "Occasionally". Therefore it gets a slightly above average score.

Yell0wRat

Weezer is just like me fr:

I can impress and disappoint with a click of a button

Snakeman

A third batch of mildly catchy, harmless and forgettable songs

SusAmog

yeah these are all mid
but this is the midddest

and ngl cumuos voice does get on my nerves a bit

reptilia0000

Why can't we get more Weezer like this?

aquiluus

LMFAO

shut the fuck up, goddamn

sapphicherub

Hot girl autumn right here right now

thefinschise199

Aw shit, here we go again! Weezer’s 3rd EP of the year and their “Autumn” version of it, isn’t terrible honestly. They put their foot down, stay focused, and write a handful of genuinely tasteful and impeccably catchy tunes that I have no problem at all sitting through. In some aspects it’s a reminder of just how tuneful Weezer can be when they’re not putzing around. The only issue is, when they do putz around here (and believe me, they putz), things ... read more

WOW it was kinda decent!

Brando

So, this is great. This is the third SZNZ EP and, while Weezer (Blue Album) and Pinkerton consisted of a more alternative rock vibe, Weezer (Green Album) consisted of a more poppier vibe, Maladroit consisted of a heavier and grungier vibe, Make Believe had a bland vibe to it, Weezer (Red Album) had a diverse, but poppy vibe to it, Raditude had an outdated pop vibe to it, Hurley had a more alternative rock vibe, though it it also had a lot of poppier elements to it, Death To False Metal has a ... read more

Vrtuoso

At least the drums sound better. Francesca is forgettable, Get Off the Pain is good but the tempo switch of the verses is odd, and Run Raven Run feels like he just took a popular demo and shoved it in because weezer fans complained Pacific Sunset never came out.

I feel like Weezer's been hammering the exact same song formula into the ground for the past 8 years and this SZNZ EP series is making it really obvious

Never had less to say about a Weezer project than this one

Cinni

If weezer came up to the door with this album saying “trick or treat!” I would close the door on them.

ploopsthestoppa

Pretty ok ep actually :)

Schmedess

production in the SZNZ series is still shocking levels of bad, and how this record represents Autumn in any way I don't know, but it definitely isn't Weezer's worst? That's about as much as I can give it. Lets stop pretending this is any good when songs like "What Happen's After You?" would handily fit into the tracklist of Ratitude.

Mr_Bedhead

Rivers at his most insecure and middle-of-the-road. Lots of ideas here, most of them don't stick on the wall for too long, either because they have corny production choices, or the songwriting leaves it behind before you have time to enjoy it. Big step down from the consistent and fun time that was the Summer EP, but there's still a lot of those elements that stick around for this equinox. They definitely sound like youth pastors the most here tho

VoidR

This is the definition of mid