Foals - Life Is Yours

After the career high that was their two part Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost, British indie rock mainstays Foals return with a comparatively dull record. Pushing their sound in a dance oriented direction, I will say I was at least interested in the first four tracks. However, everything gets very dull very quickly, reaching a point where each track is identical to the one before it. I also was not a fan of Yannis' lyrics, which just came across as really lazy. Their are definite positives ... read more

twwalter

Track-by-track ratings:

1. Life Is Yours (6.0/10)
2. Wake Me Up (7.3/10)
3. 2am (7.1/10)
4. 2001 (6.6/10)
5. (summer sky) (6.9/10)
6. Flutter (6.2/10)
7. Looking High (8.8/10)
8. Under the Radar (7.0/10)
9. Crest of the Wave (7.8/10)
10. The Sound (6.8/10)
11. Wild Green (6.3/10)

While there are high points of fantastic instrumentation, a lot of it feels like scraps from the back of a Depeche Mode catalog.

Average: 6.9/10

Flo_98

I genuinely love a lot of the melodies and hooks on this album, but it sounds somewhat bland unfortunately.

David_CasillasZ

El mayor cambio musical en la trayectoria de FOALS

Los ingleses liderados por Yannis Philippakis, son una de esas agrupaciones que se han mantenido constantes a lo largo de los años, y es que desde su debut en 2008 con "Antidotes" y con "Total Life Forever" en 2010, se han mantenido presentes en el gusto de los melómanos, especialmente en latinoamérica. Para este séptimo álbum, el grupo vuelve a los reflectores después de lo ... read more

TheCarioca

Crest of the Wave - 3/5
The Sound - 4/5
Wild Green - 5/5 ❤

thefinschise199

This new album from Foals is really frustrating. There’s some fresh singles and some great grooves, as expected. But as far as a complete album goes, this one just gets sloppy. It’s far from their most cohesive work, and a lot of the tracks here are low energy, and worse, faceless.

Give A Listen To: “Wake Me Up”, “2am”, “Looking High”, “Crest of the Wave”, “The Sound”, “Wild Green”

Least Favorite Track: ... read more

noktubear

Well. They officially went mall music.
Look, I'm not against Foals going in this direction. They were hinting at it in their “Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost” duology of albums. It's just that none of these tracks really hit the same highs as Exits or In Degrees. None of these tracks are bad either, but they all feel very safe and samey.

Highlights: Wild Green, 2am, Wake Me Up

VideoBoy

This sounds like when you let AI make a soundtrack for a FIFA game.

LucasLannister

Una tortura. Es como si el chiste de "musica de festival" fuese cada vez más real. Por momentos se siente el throwback con sonidos synthpop de los 80s pero ni siquiera ahí logra generar algo.

NTTR

Foals - Life is Yours

Genre: Indie Rock
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 58% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 369th / 535

Highlight: 2001

Made me think of:
Puggy
Bombay Bicycle Club
Bloc Party

NoOffenseBut

After a change in sound, Foals brings us a bright synth-pop album that is well-produced and pleasant on the ears but sadly, many of the tracks end up blending together due to a lack of variety and certain excitement.

Seguindo a mesma formula de sempre, nunca muda

LAVS

Not a bad album but nothing really outstands.

Life Is Yours - 7/10
The Sound - 7/10
Wild Green - 7.5/10

nostar

brilliant.

Pretty solid Foals album. It's fun, it's summer-y. Not much to be said about this one. I enjoyed it, but when the album ended and it started repeating the songs, it took me a while to notice I was already on a second listen, which might say say something about the album. Enjoyable album nonetheless. 2am is my favorite off the album.

lucas_eleotero

“Life is yours” is an interesting record but it gives you the feeling that something is missing

Some songs feel lifeless or sound like something you've heard within the album itself

finally the album ends up falling into a cloying and boring cycle which definitely impacts your final experience

Rating:
Crest of the Wave-7/10
The sound-7.2/10
Wild ... read more

Heinos

This is a nice changeup of sound for Foals, or at least it would've been, as an EP. With just the best tracks of this album on it, and the rest in the gutter. Because holy hell, this drags harder than a student art film.

My proposed Life is Yours EP:

Life Is Yours
Wake Me Up
2am
Wild Green

xcomebackkid

Foals tills the fields of Alternative pop sound planted by White Denim, Portugal the Man, Alt-J, and Bruno Mars. Although the mathy riffs are a bit more hidden, it reveals a pop sensibility previously unheard by the band that is delightful. A smart move to incorporate the falsetto choruses in a BeeGees/Talking heads type of way.

It's a fun album, nothing ground breaking. No Spanish Sahara here

The most refreshing Foals has sounded in years, which may deter some long-time fans.

CamTaro_

Absolutely some bops but I found this a bit boring

so I've been a foals fan for a while now and loved the previous double album that the band put out so I was quite exited to see what this one had in store for us. And where I wouldn't say I was disappointed I certainly wasn't absolutely blown away with this album. overall it has a much lighter feel and is clearly more of a summer vibes album but that isn't inherently a bad thing. over the course of this album I found myself having a really fun time with some catchy riffs and the light, high ... read more

carolep

Had to listen to this album at least 10 times to understand if it was a bop or not.
It is.

The Sound: 60 / 100
Wild Green: 75 / 100

Average: 66,5 / 100

fueledbyramon

it should be a crime to be so mid

AOTY June Playlist