RichardsH

I didn’t enjoy it as much as vol 1, but it’s an inoffensive album, has a few bangers, but overall it’s a solid listen

DiegoSerling

Calvin Harris é o único "DJ de pendrive" que eu curto algumas músicas.
>>>>Algumas músicas<<<< , Os discos? É, Não!

Calvin Harris continues, against all odds, to be Calvin Harris. The Scotsman knows how to write a hook and has more contacts than an optician, resulting in a breezy listen with several "Oooh, it's them!" moments peppered throughout. Like a student who has worked out exactly what grades he needs to pass the year, Harris has delivered a completely fine record to a complete fine score.

Highlights - Potion, Obsessed, Stay With Me

JWN

I am not happy to say what I have to say about this because I like FWB V1.
I thought Potion was a great single, I thought New Money was eh because the novelty of 21 Savage for me has worn off (for me at least) and I played Stay With Me once then never played it again. The only song on this album on the level of anything of off FWB V1 was the instrumental for New To You.
It's not all doom and gloom however my fav on this was Obsessed with Charlie Puth and Shenseea which is so random! Only ... read more

Jiraqua

Calvin Harris fails to do anything interesting after his years of experience in producing and unfortunately it makes this listening experience feel pretty bland. There are some production highlights on songs like “New To You”, “Stay With Me” and “Somebody Else”, but the rest of the album feels very lifeless and manufactured (unsurprisingly). That isn’t even mentioning some of the features on this album, with very few highlights (Tinashe and Halsey ... read more

This albums groove definitely grows for me as the album moves forward, but not enough for this to be necessarily "good", rather just a middling project that I won't really think about.

1Mpastaa

Calvin has to be one of the most boring dance pop producers of all time

MitchesLoveSosa

bruv. music could not possibly be more dull and average than this.

tentoir

kinda boring. some good guest performances, but some of these features really do not fit the vibe of the tracks (e.g. 21 savage, busta, offset). in general, just kinda bland and safe, if moderately catchy.

Matheus

When you're making an album there's no problem on keeping it simple, contained, not wanting it to be groundbreaking and just vibe, the problem is when you're not able to make that simplicity entertaining, and this album suffers from that, a lot.

The first half of this project does have some bland moments like the unnecessary "Intro", some features that could deliver a lot more like Dua Lipa's, a bad Charlie Puth feature (but honestly, it's Charlie Puth, what can you expect at this ... read more

lemuriams

Everything on this album sounds the same ... there is terrifying boredom without even going beyond the comfort zone. Musicians like Calvin Harris can take literally anyone to featur and help produce an album, and what does he do? Well nothing.

Worst thing on the album - New Money is absolutely one of the worst feats in the history of music. Painfully boring.
Best thing on the album - Potion

Calvin Harris spices up his Funk Volume series by matching up artists with others that seem like they wouldn’t be seen in a 1000 mile radius of each other. The result of this is mixed. I overall enjoyed seeing how the artists would interact in these tracks together more than I would if it was just predictable pairings. I appreciate the strong vibe this album has as well, going for a chill background vibe with a massive guest list. Not as memorable as Vol 1, but a valiant effort

8/14. Fav Tracks: Potion; New To You; Somebody Else; Lean On Me

MUSICDUMP

oh my god when i was in the first half of the album i already thought i had my rating. generic pop production with generic pop features and just generic pop in general. nothing so vile but nothing worth coming back to. the latter half of the album is SO MUCH WORSE than the first. donae’o just saying na na na na na for the last half of that song really set the stage for the rest of the album. i wouldn’t be as harsh on it if it wasn’t 45 MINUTES LONG. absolutely nothing worth ... read more

tiaskye

not that I was in love with 'Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1' but this is a step down from its predecessor. it's not bad -- it's filled with a harmless collection of summertime songs carried by its production and a few good features. other than that, however, nothing really stood out. it's a forgettable and bland project.

tsksk

After listening to “Funk Wav Bounces, Vol. 2” by Scottish producer Calvin Harris, a few sentences on the start of its Apple Music description really set my expectations for how to review and rate this album:

“Calvin Harris has never shied from making sharp turns. It urged him to slip away from the main room for vibrant but unhurried explorations of funk and disco on 2017’s ‘Funk Wav Bounces, Vol. 1’. There are no such creative pivots on ‘Vol. ... read more

Tielur

This entire thing is a fever dream once you realize who the hell is on this. They really just needed Ed Sheeran and Lil Wayne on a track to seal the deal.

Not objectively awful sounding but nothing really seems inviting or fresh.

Tigre

am i wrong, am i rong

landlalt

they gentrified my summer jams bruh

Pyrxreviews

I’ve never heard “Funk Wav bounces Vol. 1” except from the really popular hits but nothing on this is really on the level of what of heard from the previous entry. It’s actually a pretty mixed bag we’re the quality is all over the place mostly do with how the features sound over the beats like Pharrell, Charlie puth and Dua Lipa are all great on this production but when it came to rappers on the track it usually were the worst. 21 was kinda boring in his track with ... read more

fawh

Inoffensive, but not in a good way. More like in a "oh my god this was 45 minutes????" type of way.

Woman of the Year really piqued my interest though, so i will be checking out a lot of the feat. artists on that track in the future.

Flavioflok

1. New To You (9/10)
2. Stay With Me (8.5/10)
3. Woman Of The Year (8/10)
4. Obsessed (8/10)
5. Somebody Else (7.5/10)
6. Potion (7/10)
7. Live My Best Life (7/10)
8. Lean On Me (7/10)
9. Nothing More To Say (7/10)
10. Stay With Me (Part 2) (7/10)
11. Day One (7/10)
12. New Money (7/10)
13. Intro (5/10)
14. Ready Or Not (4/10)

EliReviews02

There are some bops, yet fail with trying to fit the artists in the right production. Busta Rhymes doesn't need tropical music at ALL. This was an alright journey, yet I don't feel like coming back to it.

Junhao

The fact that this album was only 43 minutes but it just felt so damn long and most of the tracks are so forgettable is why this score is very appropriate. New To You was pretty decent tho. Oh and wtf was Busta Rhymes doing on that song 💀💀💀

Best tracks: New To You
Worst tracks: Ready Or Not

humm1ng_b1rd

Com a grandíssima ascensão da plataforma digital 'TikTok' para até a primeiríssima posição dentre o pódio das redes sociais mais populares do momento, o qual nós involuntariamente demos o prémio dado pelos números de cadastros mensais registrados pela PlayStore, parece que os artistas ''desaprenderam'' a fazer canções de sucesso. Mas só aparenta mesmo, pós tal intuição que os ... read more