Kokoroko - Could We Be More

Something's Going On - 4/5
Outro - 3/5
Blue Robe (Pt.II) - 3/5

NassiriSam98

a bit TOO easy on the ears

SassyTabasco

Ahhh. Its refreshing to hear music that takes inspiration so obviously and unabashedly from something that's NOT from the 80's. Kokoroko might not being doing anything particularly innovative with the genre, but their particular approach to that jazzy 70's brand of Afrobeat is really enjoyable. The mood can be pretty one note, but at the same time, it's atmosphere is one of the album's greatest strengths. It leaves a lot to the imagination, it leaves a lot of space to space out with. Really ... read more

jovannikolic99

This is exactly how a modern afrobeat album should sound. The production is crisp and refreshing, the musicianship is top-tier and the jams are really groovy. Of course, it is nothing game-changing, but it actually is incredibly enjoyable.
I would've loved if there was some experimentation on this album, it plays into the classic afrobeat role a bit too much on some tracks. The problem is there's not many bold choices here. If you listen to just a few tracks from the album, you know how the ... read more

Amazing same jd beck domi. New jazz music sounds
Good. “I’m like new cars. Uk Fresh sounds beautiful.
New album song soundtrack jams. Old school jamz.
Favorite song. blue robe (pt.i) Age Of Ascent

LucasLannister

Es imposible no disfrutar de algo así. EL EP de KOKOROKO y donde se hicieron conocidos (por Abusey Junction) me pareció hermoso y cuando vi esto sentí que tenía que tirarme de cabeza para ver que me ofrecían.
Bien producido y además muy bien armado porque te deja respirar y después mete temas donde el trance fluye.

Xieneus

This album is the Weather Channel Local on the 8's jazz on steroids, in the absolute best way possible.

The music is good but the album cover is my favorite part of it

Kokoroko released an album of smooth jazz sounds, and velvety texturized beats, sadly it appears to be less ambitious than their fellow counterparts, you can still enjoy the tranquility they create.

DareG

Could We Be More is all it needs to be lush, tight, towering and transcendent

Standouts: War Dance, Tojo, Ewà Inú, Age of Ascent, Dide, Soul Searching, Something's Going On

Dropouts: none

A lot of albums were released this Friday and this album definitely falls in my top 10

netuniano

Something's ... read more

ikmmm

hotel restaurant soundtrac

Do_You_Think_So

Just some nice jazz. Noting insane.