Noah Cyrus - The Hardest Part

For a debut album, this one hits home! The Hardest Part is a personal album from Noah Cyrus's that encapsulates her experience with depression and the hardships of life. Man can the Cyrus family sing and write some beautiful music. Looking forward to what Noah does next, and hope she stays in the folk/indie pop genre because it really suits her well.

Highlights include:

Noah (Stand Still)
Hardest Part
Mr. Percocet
Ready To Go
Loretta's Song

calebk71

this is truly an incredible record. the country-alt-pop genre blending may not be for everybody, but i think she used that style perfectly here—it fits the heartbreak of this album wonderfully. many tearful moments were had when listening to this, specially during the three track run of "Hardest Part," "Unfinished," and "My Side of the Bed." the latter in particular has developed a personal connection to me, with unfortunately-relatable lyrics about a past ... read more

mister_shawnb

Noah Cyrus comes to her own and embraces a country folk sound. While it is very cliché and basic, there are a couple tracks that are actually pretty great and worth revisiting which is much more than I thought I would say before listening to the album.

LucasLannister

Inofensivo y bastante aburrido. Por momentos se mezcla un billie wannabe en la voz que me termina de sacar de la canción.

simonpetrov

Noah found her voice and she sounds amazing in this genre. I’m so happy for her! A very strong, consistent LP!

adrianiturralde

My Side of the Bed - 80
I Burned LA Down - 90
Loretta's Song - 80

Moi_stee

A couple sweet moments for my ears here and there, but overall... meh

Favorites: Noah (Stand Still), Every Beginning Ends, I Just Want A Lover
Least Favorites: Loretta's Song, My Side of the Bed

MasonJarHeart

Noah Cyrus's album, "The Hardest Part" may not be the most extreme country pop album, but it's something that speaks of beginnings coming to an end, and the way she sings about her philosophy is a remorseful, melancholy, beauty.

TorranceONGOD

The Hardest Part is a very refreshing album from Noah that deviates from the ambient trap-pop vibe of her 2017 singles that got very boring fast. This album vows to take a folk-country approach and it works out well, putting it up there with some of the only country music in recent times that I can stand. This is what they need to play on country radio instead.

Top 3: Loretta's Song, My Side of the Bed, Noah (Stand Still)
Bottom 3: Every Beginning Ends, Ready to Go, I Just Want a ... read more

1000Hours

Noah’s debut isn’t a terrible album but it got boring after a while. I was pleasantly surprised but the country atmosphere set here, but overall was just boring.

BaronCrocodile

My Side of The Bed 10/10
I Burned LA Down 10/10
Loretta's Song 9/10

dulapeep2112

this album is beautifully incredible in so many ways. she poured her soul into this album, truly amazing.

netuniano

Loretta's Song: 5/10

RATE: 58

Vibe ma

SongSmasher

An album which transported me to a nice field with Noah

Rswll

Bursts of Bon Iver and Kanye West, or more specifically the collaborative era between the two: 22 a million & MBDTF, respectively. Most prominent on “Hardest Part” and micro-epic “My Side of the Bed”—the vocoder-esque choir, especially.

Other more straightforward country-pop cuts like “Mr. Percocet” and “I Burned LA Down” rely on rhythmic tics and poetic tricks to add spice to the milquetoast. See: Rhyming “Malevolent” and ... read more

chromaticamatt

such a beautiful debut for noah cyrus. I went into this apprehensive because i didn’t know how country this would be but this was a perfect blend of country, pop, indie & folk. very pleasantly surprised and excited too see where she goes next!

KenneT

The almost-explicitly personal lyrics on Noah Cyrus' debut LP alone make her an interesting act in Cyrus family.

TeemoGyllenhaal

Guy, lead single is too good, everything fineee.

evelezt

Not a lot going on but it's well done specially if you think about Noah's career and how basic it is as a whole, I liked the country-ish direction she took in this one, maybe in the future experimenting or presenting a wider variety could be fun.

blue

Meh

NoOffenseBut

Noah's debut album is sweet and pleasant on the ears but lacking excitement and innovation.