Drake - Views
Views
YungNoodle
this is where it all went downhill
Aoaystheory
when drizzie releases a new record, it becomes a warzone and you gotta Keep the Family Close. although this doesn't out-right suck, it's def. not even coming close to a 9, U With Me? i Feel No Ways about the Hype, although Weston Road Flows almost had me feeling some Redemption for drake. id be willing to listen to this With You whether you're a Faithful drake fan or a hater hollaring "im Still Here!" we get it you can't Controlla your mouth when it comes to your opinion. but all ... read more
snarekickblues
turn the 6 upside down, it's a 67 now

EDIT: Turn the 67 upside down, it's a 61 now
LepardRyan
I want to make this super clear. While Views may not be as bloated as Scorpion or More Life, Views is by a large margin the worst Drake album. This album is horrible. I hate this album. As someone who would consider themselves a Drake fan (at least pre 2016) I would like to consider myself pretty lenient with this artist's ups and downs. This album will receive no such leniency tho. I've noticed as time goes on the hate for this album has lessened as Scorpion and Drake's future projects will ... read more
If a girl could love me as much as Drake loves Toronto I'd be set
thisisabtlgrnd
A misstep for Drake. I've stuck with him through the years since Take Care, even as he has grown steadily less consistent (with the exception of If You're Reading This It's Too Late, which is starting to feel more like a brilliant one-off than the career reset it seemed at the time), but on Views, he's starting to coast. There are plenty of fine songs here, and even some new flavors to his sound, like the dancehall beats that pop up on tracks like Controlla and One Dance. But this is the first ... read more
In my opinion, this is a stepback for Drake, and really unnecessary album in his discography.
Obese_Beast
Take care with better production, not that it makes the record (or take care) good
EMR
After an interesting 2015, Drake is back with the highly anticipated VIEWS, an album that has been announced for quite a while now, and that finally arrives in a rather slow year-start for the rapper. The record brings a massive tracklisting that definitely shows isolated moments of his personality, flow and presence, but also leaves it clear that since his last mixtape he might be running out of good ideas. The various tracks here are, for the most part, not nearly as strong and memorable as ... read more
drake has been one of, if not the, biggest and most popular rappers of the past 2 years or so. and hes had a very solid discography so far, especially with his surprise album that released last year, if youre reading this its too late. 14 months later, drake drops another studio album where the darker production and more meaningful lyrics are absent. views is an album that was, as it appears to me, was created to appeal to the widest range of listeners possible. drake sings for many of the ... read more
notbuzzzila
oh my god Drake you're sooooooo atmospheric oh my god oh wooow
kappachino
Not good
EntryIncomplete
With only some good tracks scattered throughout, Views is Drake's first big slip up. Before Drake seemed like a sympathetic asshole, realizing where he went wrong, and displaying it well enough in his music not to sound tired. On Views, however, Drake is just an asshole. An annoying, bratty and tiresome man who expects a prize for whining.
And the cover art is laughably bad.
Ugh...I am physically repulsed by this album. This is whitewashed dancehall mixed with passionless trap and soe of the corniest bars to ever come out of Drake's mouth.
Drake's 2016 chart-topping album 'Views' still sits as perhaps his most disappointing record. Sitting at 81 minutes, this album feels way too long and his little killer and mostly filler. With this album being 20 tracks long, it's not too tough to find a few quality tracks, but there aren't enough of them. Although this album has more musical statements than his follow-up record 'Scorpion', that's not saying much. Drake's lyrics and presence on the mic ultimately sink this album.

BEST TRACKS: ... read more
Mcgillacuddy
Drake seems to have instantly lost that strength and confidence that helped him dominate 2014-15, and while the album is optimistic, it far from lives up to the impact values that he's set for himself in the past.
Cyd
There some really dope individual tracks on this project, but the album is just straight bad.

From the occasional moment where Drake retreats after doing something great to the onslaught of filler and shit songs, this just isn't a solid project and i don't see any way around that. All the great songs are grouped together quite late into the album and it's honestly a struggle not to break concentration on the leadup to them.

There’s a completely pointless interlude right near the end ... read more
avolok03
Drake proves himself to be one of the blandest and uninteresting rappers in the game with Views. With an 80 minute runtime, Views proves to be one of the hardest records to get through in one sitting. This is due to Drake's uninteresting performance and bland production, Views accomplishes open a new genre to me: wallpaper music.
itsyahboinoah
Over-bloated
dyelir
There's so much whining here to the point where past remarks of the classic woe-is-me lyrics we're used to hearing from Drake seem almost regrettable. The album suffers from easily the worst six song stretch on any Drake release -the tracks sandwiched between Feel No Ways in Controlla- which showcase Drake in a monotone drawl complaining about either would-be relationships or his self-inflicted mistakes. A differentiation in formula must arise for his pop crossover stardom to takeoff.
MoistNarwhal
Releasing so much music so often seems to be having an effect on quality here. There's certainly a lot of decent tracks, and this project is ambitious. However, it is unable to keep listeners engaged over the 81 minute run time.
Perhaps Drake should think about focusing on fewer tracks, in hopes of a more focused album in future.
Drake played it safe.
braztom
Not terrible, but very underwhelming. A few standout tracks but a largely forgettable album.
Views is the fourth album by Canadian rapper & singer Drake, released in April 2016. It was originally announced as "Views from the 6", but later it had been shortened to "Views", the 6/the Six representing Toronto, his hometown. It features guest appearances from Future, Rihanna, PARTYNEXTDOOR and other contributions. The album reassembles Hip-Hop with R&B, and personal feelings with different thoughts.
Skrilla
Solid album. Could be pretty good if a few tracks were cut.
One of his most underrated projects
Steelin
Hotline bling is pretty nice.
InModeration
It's safe to say that Drake intended for this album to be based around his hometown Toronto. This is all well and good until it becomes clear that he does not possess the focus to commit to any concept. The more intimate tracks about the city and his childhood are relatively gripping, but other tracks in which Drake tries his best to either flex or sound like badass are not convincing in the slightest. Views is a decent concept with extremely bloated execution.

Lyrics & Themes: ... read more
PeggyPomp
overhated
DeathIsBest
Not good. This is where it got bad
goncalocouto
"Views" looks uninspired and unfocused.

✅ With You | Controlla | One Dance | Too Good | Hotline Bling
sxmuel
A bunch of basic songs joined to form a basic album from a basic artist.
tonymontana
All filler no killer
papadave
There are some wavy cuts here, but a lot of pop/r&b filler that doesn't really resonate with me. I wish Drake would go back to making dark, moody music for himself and stop trying to appeal to so many different audiences.

Favorite Tracks:
Weston Road Flows
Views

Least Favorite Tracks:
One Dance
Pop Style
Why you gotta argue with me at the cheesecaaake
XDRUG
Satisfaction Song: "Still Here"

Displeasure Song: "One Dance"
skiporstay
skip
MrMclainy
WHY YOU GOTTA FIGHT WITH ME AT CHEESECAKE YOU KNOW I LOVE TO GO THERE
Cory_Revv
I dont know about y'all but I enjoyed this
Mythic
This album understandably gets a lot of hate. I don’t care for the dancehall shit either but there are a few bangers thrown in that keep the project from getting too boring. It’s not that bad although if you’re new to Drake don’t start here.

Favorite tracks: Hype, Grammys, Hotline Bling
Least favorite: With You
While it's one of the most inconsistent Drake projects and a disappointment after NWTS, it's still a good album but with only a few really good tracks
almi
I remember being disappointed while listening to OVO Sound Radio. In retrospective it’s a mixed bag with a few supersolid tracks and some whack shit. And as always Aubrey won’t include the dopest single. Where the fuck is Summer Sixteen? Why the fuck is Hotline Bling on here? Where the fuck is The Throne?

Supersolid: KEEP THE FAMILY CLOSE, Feel No Ways, Weston Road Flows, Controlla, Views

Whack: FIRE & DESIRE, Pop Style, Grammys
davidmerkle
Slow album, some decent tracks, lots of homogenous filler. Here's my abbreviated track list:

1. U With Me?
2. Feel No Ways
3. Hype
4. Weston Road Flows
5. Controlla
6. One Dance
7. Pop Style (feat. The Throne)
8. Summer Sixteen
9. Too Good
10. Views
11. Hotline Bling

Full Album Length: 1 hour 21 minutes
Abbreviated Album Length: 44 minutes

Full Album Rating: 65
Abbreviated Album Rating: 75

Drake's fourth project isn't offensive. It sounds nice, the beats are dope, and the Drake we all love is back. However, what separates this from any other Drake album? It's long, lacks vision, and Drake's rapping is admittedly the worst its been in his career. Sure, the songs sound nice, but, man, this is the same Drake album over and over again. It suffers from bloat, poor song selection, and weak bars. I wish Drake tried harder here.

Faves: Feel No Ways, 9, U With Me? , Fire and Desire
Least ... read more
holyfishpaste
Since Scorpion dropped I gotta rate all the Draek albums and I figured the best metric is to start at the worst one. Worst because each great song is met with a bland or superbly badly made one.
Pop Style was better with Kanye. Redemption, With You, & Faithful are all nearly the same song.
Hype is SUPER limp. And many of the others are just super forgettable.
Not irredeemable as many might believe. Fire & Desire is one of the top 10 best Drake songs.
And don't pretend you don't bump ... read more
trevorbarnes
This was a extremely hyped record for years, he could have solidified himself as one of the greats. Now it's just about selling more than the quality.
u4ya
One Dance was a hit
therawreviewer
favs: feel no ways, controlla, hotline bling
least fav: one dance
uh so yeah i really don't like this
luisdelrey2016
✔ "9", "Hype", "With You", "One Dance", "Grammys" and "Hotline Bling"
✘ "Controlla" and "Pop Style"

American Football - American Football