Gold Panda - Good Luck and Do Your Best
Good Luck and Do Your Best
everything about this makes me happy, if Song For a Dead Friend wasn't on here it'd be a 9, honestly one of the best electronic albums of the 2010s.

Edit: lol fuck it
Aoaystheory
Gold Panda becomes our own personal tour guide as he uses his exotic palette to transport us to foreign lands.

Producer Gold Panda is no stranger to Japan, or to traveling for that matter. His new record “Good Luck and Do Your Best” prominently displays his exotic palette and his ability to express it through soundscapes built from short samples and synthesizers. This is not his first attempt at faraway electronic music, his debut and sophomore records both capitalized on the same ... read more
thisisabtlgrnd
Ohhhh baby. Best Gold Panda album yet. So many textures. "In My Car" is one of my jams of the year.

Favorite tracks: In My Car, Song for a Dead Friend, Metal Bird, I Am Real Punk, Time Eater
AmericaanSpirit
Even with his special touch, this record doesn't seem as far reaching as his previous efforts. Aside from that, he does hone in on his craft with a calmer and more laid back approach to micro house.

BEST TRACKS: In My Car, Autumn Fall, Chiba Nights, Unthank, Halyards
I felt as if I could dance to this, chill to this, exercise to this, whatever. Gold Panda's most recent release is applicable to any situation, and even when not listened to in a particular situation, it's a brilliant little album of lower-key house beats which are probably the best of electronic music this year.

fav tracks: Halyards, Pink and Green, Chiba Nights
amygoodall
good
zaxapitsa
Lovely piece of electronica.
A peaceful and uplifting experience worth revisiting often.
"La buena suerte del Japón"

Review - Crítica

♦ YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/-d28Xg8Kcnc

♦ http://www.cleverandarts.com
sourcherry24
Easily his best record.
adambdonoval
Gold Panda's best record.
Sorrugis
I'd originally written a pretty harsh review of this album, mainly criticizing Gold Panda's unwillingness to take artistic risks instead of just continuing to churn out a weaker version of something he's already done before. But I decided that people would get bored far too quickly trying to read through that wall of text, so I scrapped it.

Now I don't think this is a terrible album by any means. It's perfectly listenable. But for the most part, it's just flat out uninteresting. In My Car and ... read more

Lizzo - Cuz I Love You