Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom

Vroom Vroom

hellodecatur

I like to imagine this is what a gay mechanic's shop sounds like.

What was that? What's happening?!

So, say you just listened to "Boom Clap" then you came to "Vroom Vroom" and was confused as fuck but kinda dug it anyway. SOPHIE's production has always been out of this world, but combine that with Charli XCX and you get one BANGER of an EP!

Vroom Vroom: 10

FAVORITE: Vroom Vroom, Vroom Vroom, Vroom Vroom, Vroom Vroom
LEAST FAVORITE: N/A all the songs here are bangers

EDIT #2: THIS BANGS I REALLY LIKE IT A LOT NOW
VROOM VROOM MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE SONG OF THIS YEAR
EDIT: revisited this a few times, and it really isnt awful. but it is messy. charli could have a great record with this same style, just with some fine tuning and cleaning up. sophiee killed this on the production, absolutely stellar.

DonCorleone

I'm disappointed on myself of not knowing of this before, this thing slaps!

ratococacola

Vroom Vroom: 10/10
Paradise: 9.7/10
Trophy: 9/10
Secret (Shh): 9.2/10

RP

Ok, this is epic.

I mean I still believe Charli XCX is the sound of the future. SOPHIE's production friccin slaps of course and the songs are as catchy as the plague. This thing just goes unbelievably hard. I don't care that it's very different from her previous albums because it's clearly so much better.

FAVS: Vroom Vroom, Secret (Shh), Trophy
LEAST FAV: Paradise

After “Sucker” found some chart success but didn’t satisfy her creativity, Charli XCX immediately began working on album number three and started having session with a few more electronic producers, one of them being then up and comer and now recognized super producer SOPHIE. These sessions were so successful that Charli decided to release a few tracks early as a way to build excitement for the upcoming album. This came in the form of the “Vroom Vroom EP”, and holy ... read more

Full EP is produced by Sophie, pushing the pro LGBT message of Charli’s music even further. Respect

So the music itself... uh... okay I never really cared much for Sophie’s stuff. I still think Sophie has insane potential so I wouldn’t count her out immediately going into this but I’ll start with the cover

It blows. Wow it isn’t creative

Okay the music

Vroom Vroom - really really safe. I guess I just hoped for some louder or punchier production but whatever ... read more

Choke959Reviews

-Vrrom Vroom 9.6💜

-Paradise 9.3💜

-Trophy 8.3💚

-Secret(shh) 10💜

imgroot

a beautiful car to vroom vroom indeed

Edertudopodeaco

Até que eu gostei mesmo eu não sendo um charlitune assim como outros trabalhos dela me chamaram atenção!
Ma não seria algo que ouviria com frequencia gostei mais do outro EP dela!

GersonAOTY

One of the most powerful and important collaborative projects of the last decade for underground and PC Music, in which Charli XCX together with Sophie created a project completely out of the ordinary for the mainstream.

Vroom Vroom is pop music reinventing itself, reaffirming its autonomy, with only 4 tracks it is impressive how this project is still talked about a lot when it comes to Charli XCX, having one of her best songs like the initial track which is a euphoria that brings together ... read more

LukasLima

* Vroom Vroom (10/10)
* Paradise (6.5/10)
* Trophy (6.5/10)
* Secret (Shh) (5/10)

Nota Final: 70/100

IvoBraga

JESUS FUCK THE PRODUCTION!

I think the vocals could have been way better but this is still pretty fucking great!

Ari007

God this goes hard

the production is actually really fucking dope, I just wish the vocals would shut the fuck up a little more often

EDIT: oh snap it's growing on me pretty heavy, new score: 80
EDIT: why can't I stop playing this?! new score: 84

365WHATAPPLE

I love Charlie XCX's sound but i honestly thought this was a bit anoying at times, and also i feel like it's just way to short for me to appriciate it to it's fullest potential. Generally speaking though i enjoyed this.

smallpeeble

WTH this EP issa banger hahahahahaha or maybe this is just my mood rn. #gayness

Fave Tracks:

1. Vroom Vroom
2. Trophy

Hydon

being obnoxious will never sound this good again

gaalmethon

ALL MY LIFE IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A GOOD TIME A GOOD TIME (LET ME RIDE LET ME RIDE)

Ipercreeper

Vroom Vroom is really really good, the rest is ok

jimmylikesmusic

Literally every song here has parts that I like, and others that I really don't. Production is good, songs themselves aren't really sadly. Yeah. I have pretty much nothing to say in regards to this, it's just ok.

*edit- oh my god, rest in peace SOPHIE. thanks for your work on Vroom Vroom and so many other great musical works.

I've been straight my entire life. I have had exactly zero (0) emotional or sexual thoughts regarding men; rather, I spend the bulk of my time having sex with my wife (who is a woman) and catcalling women I see on the street. I've been very vocal about my attraction to women and only women, to the point where I've had harassment claims filed over me. I have done it with over 10 ... read more

chinz

It's produced by SOPHIE, so it really is a one of a kind album.

AOTY January Playlist