CamLikesMusic

Sort of feeling this, but just doesn't give me big summer hit vibes that I thought it would

nomrdland

production feels lazy and unfinished, dua sounds great as always but i'm not sure young thug was a good addition here

KillBill

Calvin Harris greets us with the lead single for his next project. This track right here will prolly be the soundtrack for the summer do to it's funky groove and joyfully playful vibe. Dua Lipa provides a solid hook and Young Thug his classic verses that don't make any freaking sense, yet make me bop along.

"Fuckin' every bitch and never tell 'em, no I'm pushin' P, they black and white, a Oreo". That's the greatest lyric of all time! MF DOOM could never.....

lucas_eleotero

"potion" is a very interesting work, the production is very solid and very pleasant, it's nothing new that dua lipa sounds incredible in dance productions, this song has great potential to become a summer hit, and it even encouraged me to listen to calvin's new album

surlace

Flat like soda you opened 5 hours ago.

Leo_AV

The expectations around the whole album are very high. "Potion" doesn't seem extraordinary to me, but it's good.

Maybe the repetitions make me like it more.

TylertheCurator

young thug trash

okwowsuchok

Why 😭

Five years of waiting just to hear Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa losing interest in what they are doing and Young Thug giving a weird performance and a ridicolous Oreo bar. It's a snoozefest that doesn't bring a lot of the best qualities of the three musicians.

PiggyTripper

Slick

Pajamas

Free YSL

Korzaski

i feel like the vocals are loud in this mix and it kinda bugs me. it cramps the lowkey vibe. it’s fine.

ploopsthestoppa

Young Thug sounds bored.

Junhao

"We 14Hunna, just like a minor"

JotaBrasil

Desde que o Calvin Harris começou a investir em uma sonoridade voltada para o soul/R&B/funk/disco com o álbum Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1, o DJ entregou bons momentos que ainda carecem de uma apimentada para dar sabor no resultado final. Novamente, esse é o problema da nova canção do artista: a fria Potion.

Tecnicamente, a canção é trabalho impecável e, na teoria, entrega uma boa post-disco/eletropop muito bem produzida. ... read more

vvsvlogs

Okay, so, two things:

1: Why is the kick drum so lax on this. This is a bopper it should be going fucking insane
2: Why is Thug here? Like no offense but what the hell is his verse
“Bada bing bada boom ‘bout you” what

GReviews

The production is really boring. Everything sounds super quiet and low energy with some pretty tame vocal deliveries; which could've worked if this thing had more interesting production choices.

RuuFlore

Calvin seems completely demotivated.

RemisReviews

Love what Thug did on this, free him!

DaBluBoi

It exists?

sex

Claytastic

A boring, soulless retread of territory much better explored previously by every one of the big names involved. My mind is boggled at the thought that anyone thought this was primed and ready for an official release, let alone as the lead single to a sequel album to one of the biggest and best hit compilations of the last decade.

ArcherrSingles

Pretty underwhelming production and I didn't really like Young Thug's contribution here, but Dua Lipa's entrancing vocals elevated the song enough for me to like it, even if just barely. I hope the rest of Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2 isn't as underproduced as this.

lemuriams

Calvin Harris, however, is a perfect match for artists such as Dua Lipa, or any rappers who broaden their horizons with such a cool funk version of themselves.

ps I love this moment as the track speeds up in 00:20

killergoose

Surprised this is as low as it is, its everything I wanted from this song, a funky summer hit. Is it as good as the previous lead single, Slide? Or even Feels? Not even close, but that doesnt meant its bad. Still hyped for the album

Boonz