Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered.
untitled unmastered.
snarekickblues
CORNROW KENNY. MARCH M.A.A.DNESS FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. PIMP PIMP
nnxsgny
It sounds like, feels like, and is a collection of leftovers from the greatest project of our generation.
smallpeeble
well damn. 🤩🤩 i just found myself dancing with all these beats and his flows and bars are flawless.

fave tracks:

▪ untitled 02 | 06.23.2014.
▪ untitled 05 | 09.21.2014
▪ untitled 06 | 06.30.2014
▪ untitled 07 | 2014-2016
When was 62 suddenly a bad score? The album has some great songs but it also has a lot of pointless boring snoozers
TheSoftBulletin
untitled unmastered is exactly what Kendrick needed to do this year, he shows how much great work that he has left in him. This plays like an appetiser for what is about to come. A very solid EP showcasing the genius of Cornrow Kenny.
EMR
All of a sudden, the greatest artist of our generation releases a collection of demos from the TPAB sessions. As expected, the comotion was great and so is the result. This compilation clarifies the metamorphosis process that Kendrick went through in between GKMC and TPAB, as we see him rapping much more frequently here than on the final version of the album. Most of these tracks have the jazz essence that his sophomore album presented, but also show a less abstract and more structured quality ... read more
TheBravesDH
It's absurd that someone's throwaways could be this good.
MoistNarwhal
When the leftovers from an album overshadow most other entries into the genre this year, there's not much left to say.
Glad a TPAB B-Sides record exists, cause this is incredible.
OpiesFuneral
Levitate is overrated there I said it

EDIT: I must've been in a really shitty mood when I wrote that
Hmmmmmm....
BEST SONGS: untitled 03 / untitled 07 / untitled 05
WORST SONG: untitled 02
praise all that is holy, we got a surprise "new" project from kendrick lamar. in the past year, the compton rapper has risen to legendary status after his masterpiece, to pimp a butterfly, spread worldwide and recieved almost unanimous critical acclaim. and now lamar released a project of b sides that are presumably throwaways from his last LP. and every single one of them is great. i can totally understand why none of them made the cut: they just dont have the same warm charged ... read more
Sorrugis
This compilation of unreleased tracks is flat-out better than most artists' best albums. Says a lot about what kind of an artist Kendrick is.

Loved: Untitled 02, Untitled 03, Untitled 06, Untitled 08
Liked: Untitled 01, Untitled 04
Disliked: Untitled 07
CuckBoi5000
I honestly like this more than GKMC
Every time I revisit this project, a new song grows on me. I now love every track. This low-key has some of Kenny's best bangers and most interesting songs lyrically, that he has ever released.
NothingToDoubt
Kendrick hasta con sus propios retazos de épocas pasadas es capaz de armarte un proyecto con pies y cabeza. Si se conoce de antemano su música se puede identificar los matices que ha caracterizado al rapero en G.K.M.C y TPAB, pero ahora en conjunto con divertidos y desenfadados interludios. Sin gran esfuerzo, K.Dot entregó calidad en esta compilación.
This album is extremely raw with it being unmastered, that rawness adds so much to this jazz influenced project.
Each song instantly creates a mood backed by very melodic production, Kendrick knew he had to release these songs as they are too good to keep in the vault.
Kendrick never holds back on his lyrics and this project is no exception, if you like Kendrick this is a different version of him but is a definite listen!
Great

But why would I come back to it when I have the real, far superior version right in front of me.
Also there are some uneventful tracks from time to time.

Best: untitled 07 | 2014 - 2016

Weakest: untitled 03 | 05.28.2013
This is probably Kendrick's most avant-garde he's put out yet. It has so many great songs like untitled 05 9.21.2014 and untitled 06 6.30.2014. And from what I've heard these are To Pimp a Butterfly scraps. So Probably why I have rated this album so high.
InModeration
A To Pimp a Butterfly B-Sides is most definitely still worth a listen. The same instrumental inspirations are here as well as Kendrick's rapping and thematic excellence.

Lyrics & Themes: 9/10
Performance: 9/10
Arrangement: 7/10
Sonic Palette: 9/10
XDRUG
Satisfaction Song: "untitled 02", "untitled 07"

Displeasure Song: "untitled 04"
ricardomcr
K-Dot's throwaways are better than most rapper's hits. So are his impromptu lyrics.

GO LISTEN TOO: Untitled 03.
kneelthedivine
Not to get all offensive, but it kinda feels unmastered.
DeathIsBest
An ok project, it feels a bit rushed however the sound is great.
Cory_Revv
Even the left overs are amazing
Given these songs are the B-sides to To Pimp A Butterfly, it was not surprising that I found myself liking this EP. What was surprising however, was how completely different many of these songs were to the sound we did hear on TPAB. Generally the songs have a more jazzy/trap vibe to them, which is a nice change and adds to his discography in a way which shows how great he is at making just about any kind of hip-hop song.

Even though this album does not benefit from the added effect a running ... read more
Favorite Tracks:

"untitled 02 | 06.23.2014"
"untitled 07 | 2014 - 2016"
"untitled 08 | 09.06.2014"
mcgripsYUH
unpopular opinion: this is right up there with TPAB. this is honestly the perfect b-side, lo-fi counterpart to to pimp a butterfly with a brilliant leftover feel to it; i couldn't imagine kendrick following up tpab with any other release, this thing is perfect. a handful of some of kendrick's best tracks.
LOVE: ALL OF THEM
LIKE:
DISLIKE:
ABSOLUTE WORST: NONE OF THEM
ChannelBlonde
fantastic
80/100
almi
wish they would put out a mastered deluxe version.

best: untitled 01, untitled 07
itsyahboinoah
levitate levitate levitate
Cobalt
Favorite tacks:

untitled 08 | 09.06.2014

untitled 07 | 2014 - 2016

untitled 02 | 06.23.2014
The motherfucker's b-sides are THIS good? It's not fair.
Mr_Smiles
Still good even though it’s supposed to be “unmastered”
b sides from one of the greatest hip hop projects. It's nice and all.
La_petite_mort
Kendrick feat. Kendrick (¡Y con la misma pegada!)
therawreviewer
favs: 01, 02, 05, 06, 08
least fav: 04
DaWhiteStickman
Sure it’s not Kendrick’s best but most of the tracks are really good. Especially, untitled 05 and untitled 08.

Fav Tracks: untitled 02, untitled 05, untitled 07, untitled 08

Least Fav Track: untitled 06
Good B sides.
blondeMushroom
if the tracks were more polished i wouldve given this a higher score, but what did i expect? it literally says that it is unmastered in the title.
Best Songs: ALL OF THEM except for "untitled 01 | 08.19.2014." ft. Bilal, "untitled 04 | 08.14.2014." ft. SZA & Lance Skiiwalker
One of my favourite albums ever, idk why, just love his flow, the beats, instrumentation, lyrics, content, lo-fi nature, production etc
= 86.8 =

I used to dread getting older because I worried I would be too out of touch to appreciate new artists. Now that I am older I find that I don't want to listen to most fawned upon new artists let alone appreciate them. I'm too old to be truly cool, too cool to be truly bought by hype. You can shove The Weeknd up your ass, child.

Kendrick is different though. I get this hype. I get why he's so revered. I'd already put him alongside the best hip hop artists of all time. Maybe this ... read more
UU is more raw than TPAB, and offers a dark intimacy that few other albums can provide.
BruhMan
I made To Pimp a Butterfly for you.....Who love you like I love you?

FAVORITE TRACKS: untitled 03, untitled 06 & untitled 08
SeaBass
My favorite rapper probably of all time, even his B sides are better than most rappers’ best albums. A range of emotions, musical elements and Levitate was an amazing song to start the concert in Super Bock Super Rock with.
It's good and an extension of what's good already with TPAB.
kidhead