TheCarioca

Plant (The Succulent Blues) - 4/5
Kilmore Close - 4/5
Night - 5/5 ❤

FatalNoise

So new and exciting. Another band reinventing and redefining genres

AllChup

You know, this is such a continuation of Squid this year with a more open sound and a soft flow, it just seemed to me in the previous year that Squid had an unfinished album and here you are, the guys from Belfast finished it, I really liked it

ecenb

Instruments are jazzy, vocals are post-punky and melodies are a combination of both, a very successful recipe.

Fav Songs: Flew Close, Chromo Sud, Night

curatedbydhans

Post punk genre is always fascinating, and Chris W Ryan & co. elevated it in their third album with clever addition of jazz-prog fusion and social-centered narrative sprechgesang.

Snakeman

I was hyped for this album, because Wellness is such an excellent song. The lyrics are exactly what we need more of in music. Tong and cheek lines that still make you think without being like 'we live in a society'. The background instrumentation is super groovy too. However, I wasn't as amazed by other tracks on the album as I was with Wellness. The other songs are still fine but they aren't really that memorable.

EliTeMP

Some of the best production I've heard in a minute.

Hyperdragon

Extremely interesting and fresh, love the implementation of jazz.

Favorite Tracks: Plant (The Succulent Blues), Flew Close
Least Favorite Track: Micro Person

pinkmxggit

LCD Soundsystem vocals fused with early BC,NR instrumentation and a cynical sense of humour. All these ideas are insanely exciting to someone like me, and yet, this album showcases their potential rather than doing much. I'm excited to follow them and see where they take these ideas next. They are very likely to blow up sometime soon, I'm sure.

Will relisten soon to decide on a rating

StaryJR

Really interesting piece of post punk. You can feel that they are trying to create something new in such a popular genre. Vocal parts are really unique, instrumentals are interesting but nothing too extraordinary. Overall really great album, will listen to they're previous work for sure.

AOTY June Playlist