Beyoncé - BREAK MY SOUL

Beyoncé still makes this song enjoyable with a great vocal performance but this instrumental is really generic and is like a Royalty Free house beat from YouTube.

GersonAOTY

I really think the song is a grower, the more I listen to it the more enchanted I am by the emotion and energy. However, it's obvious that compared to lead singles like "Formation" and "Crazy In Love" it's extremely weak, lacking a more experimental production and striking verses. But at its foundation I think it's a good song, not excellent, but simply a good disco-house single (I prefer this anyday over Drake poor attempt) that makes me just eager to listen to the rest of ... read more

mitskison

if drake slayed

CamLikesMusic

Yeh, this was not it. I thought the mixing at the start was just horrendous, I do admit though the longer the song went on the better it got. I felt as if the last minute and a half sort of saved this. For the first three minutes, I thought lyrically it was a little basic and the production work felt repetitive.

iamrealweeknd

Why does It sound like Katy Perry's Swish Swish?

Cry

'BREAK MY SOUL' is Beyonce's lead single to her upcoming album, 'RENAISSANCE', really boring me and continuing the house trend that Drake started last Friday. The vocals from Beyonce were decent, containing a bunch of emotion but sounding slightly out of place on the straight-forward beat. The production is a billion times worse than anything that was on 'Honestly Nevermind', sounding painfully plain and the sample tries to add some spice but comes off awfully. The lyrics are horrible as they ... read more

depechemode4lif

Beyonce can do much better

b4

Depois da grandiosidade da era Lemonade, Beyoncé volta com o seu primeiro single do novo álbum Reinancence.
Sobre o single Break My Soul, gostei da produção, me fez lembrar um pouco do Vogue da Madonna, só que uma versão mais morna. Não é ruim, mas achei abaixo que a Beyoncé entregava antes e que poderia surpreender mais. São quase 5 minutos com a mesma repetição de som e já os vocais não tem o ... read more

emomu

It's a pretty dime-a-dozen house-pop single, but Beyonce's vocals (as usual) are charismatic enough to elevate that. However, the mix does sound a bit muddy with B's vocals clashing with that piano.

Hi Beyoncé, missed you it's been like? 10 years..

calebmullings54

This was fun

charcoal

Maybe this will grow on me, but on my initial listen this doesn’t really stand out to me at all. We’ll see what happens with time though.

5/10

Cordavision

R&B/Rap artists doing house is now one of my favorite new trends that I never thought I'd like.

melencholysumme

you know, this isn’t a horrible track but the chorus is just her repeating “you won’t break my soul” over and over again. considering the verses are short, the same words over and over again on a generic beat is not gonna turn out well. i would understand if this was as album track but as the lead? this is scaring me..

humm1ng_b1rd

A má surpresa que tive quando fora me apresentado um material que não quebrara a minha alma, que não me animasse por sua excelência e elegância, por parte de Beyoncé em 'BREAK MY SOUL' quase que arruinou toda a experiência para mim.
Felizmente, a produção capitaneada por seu próprio marido, Jay-Z, juntamente de Tricky Stewart e Big Freedia, soube trabalhar os mínimos detalhes de cada nuance sobreposta sobre a batida ... read more

hfk

some of the most fun ive had with a pop song since crash (yes i had to bring it up). honestly, beyonce and freedias flawless performances carry the song HARD. and not to be THAT GUY but in terms of creative uses of sampling show me love this year i think a certain song by one charli xcx wins. im sorry but its really hard not to compare them when its two dance pop songs by big pop artists sampling the same classic all within like three months. it sill goes hella hard tho.

Chacotadopop

SOTY sim ou com certeza?
A faixa tem uma pegada house deliciosas as repetições de mostram necessárias e bem aplicadas no refrão .
As pessoas estão mal acostumadas com comeback achando que toda vez que um artista volta tem que ser chutando o pé na porta, mas às vezes o menos é mais .
A performance vocal de Bey beira a perfeição, já que, ela conhecê a própria voz coisa que muitos levam uma eternidade e optam ... read more

Vytur

Queen B faz seu retorno com uma faixa completamente no estilo dance dos anos 90, e com sample de “Show Me Love” de Robin. Revivendo o Pop em sua discografia Beyoncé nos entrega seu lead single com um refrão forte, batidas mais ainda deixando um brilho único para a incrível faixa.

bigbord

i really hope this is the weakest song on the album, but at the same time i’m nervous that she recorded this in like the 2017-2018 era of radio pop music so the album will j sound like it’s five years old

Crazyreviews

Eu gostei da música, mas não é o suficiente pra um comeback de uma artista como beyoncé.

LisbonBih

Meh...

gopxity

y'all hear dance music and start talking about mixing and lyrics 🙄 IF Y'ALL DON'T SHUT UP AND DANCE

orangedroog65

Probably gonna be the worst track on the album. Catchy enough to like upon relisten maybe.

okwowsuchok

(OG score: 40)

After a relisten I think that the song is great. Catchy, funky, a drastic grower. Queen B did the house revival that Drake wanted to start, but that he never served properly.

wlcriticas

A Beyoncé arrasa nos vocais e na produção desse single. Mesmo sendo uma música simples, com poucos elementos e muito longa, ela domina o house com facilidade! Se uma versão radio edit sair, eu vou ficar muito mais feliz.

AOTY June Playlist