Fireboy DML - Playboy
Benji55

I mean, it isn’t bad, I wasn’t really knowing what I was gonna get myself into, but this was way different than I was thinking.

Dude in the cover looks like a knock off version of Denzel curry which was the only reason why I wanted to listen to it, btw this can have the worst lineup of features of this year, like really? Chris Brown and Ed Sheeran, yikes. But most of the stuff on here is just inoffensive and just alright, there’s nothing that is super bad on here or good, ... read more

NickBrick

NME what the hell

Fireboy DML leaves us with unanswered questions, because although the artist manifests future, fame, ambition, and improved love life, we are left with nothing to understand why it's all important to him.

A powerful contender for album of the year

evelezt

It's nice and fun.

NTTR

Fireboy DML - Playboy

Genre: Afrobeats
Country: Nigeria

Final Verdict: 59% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 411th / 642

Highlight: Ashawo

Made me think of:
Adekunle GOLD
Olamide
Burna Boy

spencerhampton

Like one very long 43 minute song. Props to the flow. Makes for great background music.

tentoir

a somewhat bland but moderately enjoyable afrobeats album. features by chris brown and ed sheeran don't remove the doubt from my mind that this is meant to be an internationally appealing mainstream record, which might explain why so much of it seems so safe and boring.